• Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
    Optionally enter a message with your report.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• TST Partners

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    ShotScope
    The Stack System
    FitForGolf
    FlightScope Mevo
    Direct: Mevo, Mevo+, and Pro Package.

Coupon Codes (save 10-20%): "IACAS" for Mevo/Stack/FitForGolf, "IACASPLUS" for Mevo+/Pro Package, and "THESANDTRAP" for ShotScope. 15% off TourStriker (no code).
    • People who know better that don't repair divots and ball marks are trash. It's an epidemic today after the influx of golfers with no training in etiquette.  And let's face it, some people simply do not belong. 😛 I'll fix theirs for them the first time or two, and if they don't pick up on it I'll tell them to do it.  I won't play with them again either. 
    • As long as he keeps that haircut, he can never make me feel silly
    • I've been lucky to play with a few on my home course and local ones.  Joe Durant, Bart Bryant, Scott Gump, Boo Weekley, Bubba Watson, Sammy Rachels.  They easily were in the mid-60s, with the standout being Bart Bryant at Forest Lake here in the Orlando area.  It was a weekly skins game and he made 8 birdies straight, hit one OB on one hole and still shot 61.  SOB cancelled all of my skins and most others.  He died in a car accident a couple years ago, was a hell of a fun guy to play golf with. Another time with Sammy, we were standing next to his ball about 210 yds out from a green on a par 5.  I asked him what he was going to hit, and was amazed when he said "6 iron."  This was in the 90s, so that was something.  Today it'd probably be an 8 iron (it was downhill).
    • Wordle 1,222 4/6 ⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜ ⬜⬜🟩⬜🟩 ⬜🟩🟩⬜🟩 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
    • I feel the same.  It's kind of a fun diversion once, maybe twice.  It's not golf to me. I'd much rather practice on a real course w/real turf (even if it's scrappy, that's good practice).  Or in a proper hitting bay with good equipment. Golf is in a weird place.  The equipment manufacturers are sucking up all the $$.  People are happy to buy a $600+ driver and $400+ putter to go out and shoot 86, but balk at lessons, greens fees (courses are obviously struggling). I think the game needs to contract, as painful as it sounds.  In the 80s it seemed "right size,"  public and semi-private courses were in good shape, were able to maintain nice facilities, etc.  There were even practice centers around, with a full grassed tee, practice pitching greens w/bunkers, putting greens, etc.  All with less of a customer base. Now it seems like the only good course/facility conditions I see here (in central FL, once an epicenter of golf) are private clubs and high-end resorts.  The middle range is quite ratty.

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...