IGNORED

I hate that golf . . .

Harry Longshanks
Note: This thread is 5794 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Wtf??????????
What I Play:

Driver: Sasquatch SUMO² 9.5º Stiff
Hybrid: HiBore 16º (3W replacement)
Irons: Staff Ci6 3-PW StiffWedges: Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 60.04Putter: Newport Studio Style 35"Ball: Pro V1xAge: 15

Random much

In my Black'n'Red :

Driver: R7 TP 460cc 10.5* Reax 65 stiff shaft
3 Wood: Tour Impact 15*
Irons: Tour Impact 3-PWWedges: Vokey Oil Can Spin Milled 54.10, Golfco Baron 58* SWPutter: Tracy II 35"Balls: Prov 1Age:16

Wtf??????????

I was lamenting the fact that there are very few women who actually play golf. I wish more played. Specifically, with/near/around me.

Random much

A little I suppose. Am I the only one who feels this way?

EDIT: Really? dock me a reputation point for starting a discussion on the absence of female recreational golfers?

• Administrator
I was lamenting the fact that there are very few women who actually play golf. I wish more played. Specifically, with/near/around me.

23% of golfers are women. That's not nuthin'.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

23% of golfers are women. That's not nuthin'.

Wow, I'm surprised the number is that high. Where are they all?

I occassionally see a few older women (55+) around who I would definitely count as "golfers". And I see a few girls/women who show up with their boyfriends/husbands but can't hit the ball. I would have a hard time counting them as "golfers" (as opposed to "have played golf"). But rare is the women who goes to the range to practice seriously, keeps a handicap, knows (and loves) her clubs, and aspires to beat the snot out of the course. Those are the women that I like.

• Administrator
Wow, I'm surprised the number is that high. Where are they all?

In the U.S. That's what the number's for.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

In the U.S. That's what the number's for.

I think I found them. They are collecting social security and playing at their private clubs.

How information was gathered Random telephone survey among women who play golf once a month 32 states are represented Conducted in March 2005 Who was interviewed All play golf at least once a month, weather permitting All have played golf at private country clubs Nearly four in ten own a home in a residential golf and country club The typical women golfer is over 55 and has a $100,000+ income 82% are over 45 years old and 59% are over 55 years old 65% are college educated, with 23% holding advanced degrees 22% have children under 18 years old living at home

And before anyone gets all up in arms about my "social security" joke, I'm no spring chicken. I'm in my late-30s. But when was the last time you saw a woman in her 30s who was a "serious" golfer?

I think with the emergence of the young wave of attractive and personable LPGA stars (Creamer, Pressel, et al), the percentage is (or will be) higher for the younger demographic - specifically, high school and college women golfers. Unfortunately, that renewed interest started too late for me. But I must admit, I am always stoked to see a really good female golfer, regardless of age. Today at the range, a college girl came in by herself and was just killing the ball. (That's what made me think of this issue and start this thread.) I had to just stop my practice to watch her because I thought it was so cool how good her swing was, and how focused she was.

Move to FL, there are tons of female golfers here. I met my fiancee at our club.

I should probably clarify. I wasn't trolling for a date!

I just like a nice gender mix, and I've always had a lot of female friends. But nonetheless, your information has piqued my interest. However, I'm going to need some . . . err, a lot . . . well, tons of photographic proof of your assertion.

I should probably clarify. I wasn't trolling for a date!

http://thesandtrap.com/forum/showthr...ight=strippers Harry, contact these guys. You might find your ideal playing partners.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

Hah!

I don't think so. I doubt those "ladies" know the difference between a driver and a divot. Besides, while I don't mind clubs with composite components, women with composite parts aren't my thing! I want a woman who has a sweet swing, not one who swings for her sweets! EDIT EDIT: And for the rest of you forced to read this, sorry about the rant.

• Administrator
EDIT EDIT:

There are better ways to handle that. A public rant is not the best option. PMing a mod or an admin is a far wiser tactic.

I love my fiance dearly, however, the 4 1/2 hours I get on the golf course with my buddies this week would be severely soured if she decided that she wanted to come along.

Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with gals on the course, I just look at golf as my time, away from everything - the job and the girl.

For what it is worth, I did get her out to the range once, she hated it. :)

In my Ogio Bag
Driver - Cobra 10.5 F Speed
3 Wood - Cobra LD speed
Hybrid - TaylorMade Burner 22 degree
Irons - Callaway X-Tour 3-PW 52.08 Degree Gap Wedge - Titleist Vokey Spin Milled56.14 Degree Sand Wedge - Titleist Vokey Spin Milled60.07 Degree Lob Wedge - Titleist Vokey Spin MilledPutter...

I love my fiance dearly, however, the 4 1/2 hours I get on the golf course with my buddies this week would be severely soured if she decided that she wanted to come along.

Amen. I met my fiancee at our club. However she golfs with her friends, and I do with mine. It is just much better that way.

Well, I had intended to be more of a discussion about women in golf in general, junior golf programs for girls, etc... but hey, I'm a "go with the flow" kinda guy so . . .

josh and bsnone: I wouldn't want to date a girl who only want golf when it was with me. To me, that means she plays to be with me and not because she has a passion for the game. I would want a woman who loves the game.

And outside of golf, I like independent women anyway, 'cause I'm a pretty independent guy. As a result, I've never had a problem with feeling like I had to get away. It just happens because the woman also likes time away sometimes.

Really josh, it sounds like you have a great situation. Play with your lady (who clearly has a passion for the game) when it suits you and her (when you want to be together, when you go on vacation, etc), and play with your buddies other times. You can also talk golf with her and she understands. Nice.

Note: This thread is 5794 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!