IGNORED

shipping golf club

jermzkill
Note: This thread is 5659 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm selling a club on eBay and I was wonder what is the best way to ship the club to keep it safe but for cheap. Where can I get a a long small box? Which shipping service is cheaper UPS or USPS?

If there is a post on this please direct me to it!!
Driver: 3dx driver 10.5*
Irons: 3dx hybrid irons 5-P
Iron: X-14 3 iron
Wood: MT 4wood 16.5*
Wedge: Lob 60*Putter: White Hot 2-ballBag: Xtreme Sport Stand Bag

I used to work for UPS in the Northeast Hub. This is probably the worst time to ship a golf club - it’s called “Peak Season” at UPS. The volume swells to 200% the average daily volume. That means lots of parcels on the belts and lots of pissed-off proletariat workers. But if you must ship a golf club; make sure to fill all the empty space with either bubble-wrap or packing paper so that the integrity of the oblong box stays in tact and the club doesn't bounce around inside, tape it like you were wrapping an Egyptian mummy, and use DHL.

"Every man is his own hell" - H.L. Mencken

Not sure about the shipping companies and costs. However, if you go to a local pro shop or golf store, more than likely they will have a room full of boxes and will let you take your pick. Most places I have seen will have a closet or spot in the backroom with old boxes just in case they have to ship something.

I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones.

I'm selling a club on eBay and I was wonder what is the best way to ship the club to keep it safe but for cheap. Where can I get a a long small box? Which shipping service is cheaper UPS or USPS?

If you simply can't find a box, go to a pro shop, or a golf galaxy or the like and just ask if you could have a box big enough to ship what your shipping. I also agree to do your best to fill the void within the box. Def. less chance for damage.

Note: This thread is 5659 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!