IGNORED

security software for Firefox

hrossroth
Note: This thread is 5589 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey,

For those Firefox users out there I was hoping you could tell me about some good security software for my laptop. I frequently use unsecured wireless signals. I was hoping to get some things like anti-spyware and firewall, hopefully better then the AVG free download. I don't mind spending the money.
It's money that would normally be spent on golf balls, etc. Thanks!

Driver: 4DX T 10.5 Evolver w/ Redboard
Hybrids: G5: 16*, 19*, 22*
Irons: Ping Eye 2 +no+ (5-PW)
Wedges: CG12: 52/10, 56/14, 60/10
Putter: C&L flowneckBall: Z-Star

First of all, security software is not really browser dependent. So, the fact that you use FF (as I do on all my systems) is really inconsequential.

My vote for anti-virus is either Kaspersky or Avira. Both are top-notch programs. Avoid Symantec products if you can. They are resource hogs and, IMO, they don't update often enough. I run the IT department at work and I've been through enough A/V products to have a good idea of what works.

Firewall software can be a pain during the first couple of weeks or so while you train it. Comodo is the only one I can think of at the moment. We just use the one that comes with Windows.

I paid for NIS for a long time and finally got sick of the nonstop busy work in the background slowing my system down.

I now use the AVG free version for virus protection and Windows Firewall. No problems. No cost. No system performance hit.

SubPar

I highly recomend anything from Pctools.com.

Driver- Nike Sasquatch 10.5/Aldila VS Proto ByYou
5 wood- Taylormade CGB Max Clone
3-PW- Nike Pro Combo Tour Clones
3 Hybrid (2i replacement)-Ben Hogan Edge CFT
Wedge- Vokey 56 degree Oil Can ClonePutter- Guerin Rife 2-Bar CloneBag- Cougar Hydro III Carry Bag

I would place a nod to Avast. Good quality product.
Michael Krolewski

In the Bag Boy Revolver Pro on a Clicgear 2.0 cart:
Acer Mantara XL Driver 10.5
Acer Mantara S.S 3 Wood; 3DX DC 15* Hybrid (3w/1h); 3DX DC 17* Hybrid (4w/2h); Acer XP905 Ti Hollow Core WS 4-9i; cg14 48* 2dot; cg14 54* 1dot; cg14 60* 1dot

I use nothing at all.

...the world is full of people happy to tell you that your dreams are unrealistic, that you don't have the talent to realize them. - Bob Rotella

Driver - Taylormade R1.
Fairway - Taylormade R9 15º.
Hybrid - A3OS 3 Hybrid.

Irons - Cast CCI 4-AW.

Wedge - SV Tour 56º wedge.

Note: This thread is 5589 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!