IGNORED

Are you a motivated worker?

pshizz
Note: This thread is 5547 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I notice myself to be not motivated most of the time when it comes to school work. Do you guys find yourself procrastinating alot when you are trying to get something done? How do you overcome this obstacle? I really need some help, because i am wasting way to much time doing stupid things.

It's all relative, and depends on your current life situation.

Also, don't think of it as "work". Do what you love and you will "work" very hard and enjoy it at the same time. Always "work" for yourself. Be true to yourself.

The following is somewhat personality driven, but if you are doing something to please others or meet perceived goals set by others, you will most likely not enjoy it. Set goals that you personally want to achieve. Choose goals that excite you and motivate you. Strive to achieve them.

This is a golfer's forum. Golf is a very individualistic sport, so I presume that most here are strong willed independent thinking types. However, others may feel more fulfilled contributing to the "team or group". Look back on your past experiences. Are you a conformist, an individualist, a leader, a team player, a follower? None is better than the other, but choose to do things that suite you and you will be happy.

Could go on, but don't want to preach.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

thanks uttexas, however what i call work is related to school, and sadly i have no choice on wether i want to do it or not.

Does anyone have tips for getting school work done? It seems like i always find an excuse not to do it.

thanks uttexas, however what i call work is related to school, and sadly i have no choice on whether i want to do it or not.

I am going to make one assumption and as long as this statement is true then I have a small bit of advice.

Assumption: You are not independently wealthy. Here is what I propose as it has worked for me for motivational purposes, I need to work. I want to work as little as possible and make as much money as possible so I can spend the most time enjoying my life and my family. Therefore, I had to excel in highschool and college so that I can find work that allows me to put in my time and have plenty of time and money at the end of the day to support me, my family and the things I enjoy. In short, investing a small amount of time now to get your work done well should pay you dividends in the future. If you fail to get your work done or do it poorly there is a chance that you will just continue to grind out a mediocre existence without ever looking to the future. There are a million arguments against what I said: what if I get hit by a bus? there is no guarantee of a good job, what if I win the lottery?... In the long run it is up to you to decide how you want to achieve the goals in your life and even what your goals are. As an Electrical Engineer and a Registered Professional Engineer I find that I have had a very easy time of it since graduating college. Before that was a struggle but I had to keep my eye on the goal. For what it's worth. -E

In my Grom bag:

Driver........... Burner 9.5* S-Flex
3-Wood......... Burner 15* S-Flex
5-Wood......... Ovation 18* S-FlexIrons............. Pro Combos 3,5-PW Rifle 6.0Wedges......... CG12 52.10, 56.14, 60.10Putter............ 33" VP1 Milled PutterBall................ e6+ or B330-SRangefinder.....

Getting school work done.
Step one: Know yourself. Learn who you are. Always be learning more about your emotional, spiritual, and intellectual self.

Step two: Set a long term goal. Picture yourself in fifteen years. What do you want to be doing? In your crystal ball, theoretical 15 years-in-the-future self, what will make you happy. Look inward and at your past experiences for the answer. (see my previous post) If you are unsure, there are numerous books on discovering your self and several online personality tests, etc that can help you figure out what kind of person you are. Talk to your guidance counselor (I never did this, but wish I did) I thought I could do it all myself, without any help. This is the hard way. There are people that are paid by the school to help you. Take advantage of this.

Step three-take courses and classes that are a means to an end (your major, your 15 years in the future self, etc.) Excel in these courses and classes. Study smart and study hard.

By all means, enjoy life and live every day to the fullest. Its OK to waste time every now and then to relieve stress, but keep a balance.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

Getting a good education that will allow you to get a good-paying job should be all the motivation that is needed.
With the current economy that we are in, you are going to need as many qualifications as possible simply because of how many applicants there are for any given job.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

I completed my education through HS and college as someone who recognized themselves as somewhat of a procrastinator when it came to school work. The one thing that I did in college was force myself to get up earlier than normal. I used to like the stillness of the morning. I found that when I got up early to do my work, my mind was more quiet then it was during other times.

Driver: 4DX T 10.5 Evolver w/ Redboard
Hybrids: G5: 16*, 19*, 22*
Irons: Ping Eye 2 +no+ (5-PW)
Wedges: CG12: 52/10, 56/14, 60/10
Putter: C&L flowneckBall: Z-Star

I notice myself to be not motivated most of the time when it comes to school work. Do you guys find yourself procrastinating alot when you are trying to get something done? How do you overcome this obstacle? I really need some help, because i am wasting way to much time doing stupid things.

I am the worst when it comes to procrastinating!! im supposed to be working now and find myself on the forum!!

Arrrghh!

Note: This thread is 5547 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!