IGNORED

Ow! My bruised ego.

JCDot33
Note: This thread is 5518 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So I got the second round of the season in yesterday, and let's just say, I am looking forward to the 3rd round of the season so that I can get the memory of the second out of my mind. I shot 95 on a 67.9/122 par 71 ...

On Monday we got 3 inches of rain here in the area and the course was super "spongey" and there wasn't a dry spot anywhere on the course ... and as we teed off it was spitting rain, and kinda chilly ~ perfect golf condidtions, right?

Step up to the first tee (my back is stiff, muscles cold and had only had 1/2 cup of coffee) and I let my tee shot fly (first hole 365 straight away par four) and it was a beauty ... when I got to the ball in the fairway I was near a sprinkler head that had "53" on it (312 off the tee, nice) I stuck the approach to within 10 feet and made the birdie putt ... then I pared the second hole ... then the third hole came ....

I launched another PERFECT (long and straight) tee shot watched it for as long as I could see it and all four of us were 100% sure it came down in the fairway ... when I got to were I thought my ball was we couldn't find it, anywhere! The only thing that I can think of is that the ball completely plugged in the fairway and we couldn't find it. Having not hit a provisional (not seeing the need to, never thinking that I wouldn't find a beautiful tee shot) I had to go back to the tee and hit again ... fell apart due to not being mentally tough (that lost ball in the fairway really got to me) trippled that hole ... and doubled the next 3!

There were spurts of brilliance ... birdied 10, 11 and 12 consecutively ... had two chip-in putts ... and hit 6 of 8 fairways with my driver (actually 7 fairways, but I couldn't count the 3rd hole in that stat ... I know I hit that fairway) but on the holes that I did poorly on, I did poorly (a few 7's that were the highest ESC score I could take on par 4's and 8's on par 5's) ...

So, I know we have all had these types of rounds, how do you guys deal with them, get them out of your mind so they don't haunt you the next time you get back on the course?

P.S. Would you guys consider earthworms "loose impedements" that could be removed from your putting line on the green? Because we did yesterday ...

In my Bag:

Driver: Burner 10.5* Stiff shaft
3 WoodBurner 15* stiff shaft
5 WoodBurner 18* stiff ShaftHybrid3DX (18.5*)Irons: (4-LW):Putter: Rossa Indy SportBalls: Reds

That lost ball in the fairway sucks doesn't it? I have had that happen a few times. I hit enough bad shots without getting penalized for a good one :)

x18 S-4
Lob wedge
Hybore 3 wood
R7 Driver
Shark Head putter (love that old thing)

No offense, and I'm all for following the rules, but you actually came back to the tee to hit another ball? I hope there was nobody behind you guys because I would have given you my best "Are you freaking serious????" face had you done that in front of my group rather than just dropping a ball somewhere in the fairway and playin 3 (or 4 if you wanted to simulate stroke and distance).

Titleist 910D3 8.5* Aldila RIP
Titleist 910F 13.5* Diamana Kai'li
Nickent 4DX 20* and 24*
Tour Preferred 5-PW
52.08, 56.14, 60.04 Titleist Vokey

Odyssey Metal-X #9 Putter

Pro V1x

No offense, and I'm all for following the rules, but you actually came back to the tee to hit another ball? I hope there was nobody behind you guys because I would have given you my best "Are you freaking serious????" face had you done that in front of my group rather than just dropping a ball somewhere in the fairway and playin 3 (or 4 if you wanted to simulate stroke and distance).

i would've just dropped one too. even if there WASNT anyone behind us.

Me too, but I know some are sticklers for every rule and don't begrudge them for going back to hit if there is nobody to hold up. Hell, if if we all thought it was in the fairway and there was no chance of it being a hazard, I don't even think I'd make a buddy take a penalty stroke.

Titleist 910D3 8.5* Aldila RIP
Titleist 910F 13.5* Diamana Kai'li
Nickent 4DX 20* and 24*
Tour Preferred 5-PW
52.08, 56.14, 60.04 Titleist Vokey

Odyssey Metal-X #9 Putter

Pro V1x

FYI, double bogey is the highest score you should record for your index (8.2) under ESC....

Smile, it makes people wonder what you're up to...

Nike Sasquatch 460 10.5 degree driver Diamana shaft
MP-57 3-pw DG R300 shafts
MX700 Hybrid Cleveland CG14 50 degree wedge Nike SV 56 degree wedgeReid Lockhart 56 degree sandwedge (plays like a 60 degree, hence the two 56 degree wedges) Odyssey...

There was no one behind us, we were the only foursome on the course ... had there been other people behind us I

would have hit from the fairway and taken the stroke, but given the opportunity to play by the exact rules I took it.
FYI, double bogey is the highest score you should record for your index (8.2) under ESC....

Handicap hasn't been updated in my sig line for this year ... currently it stands at 10.4 so 3 strokes over was my highest ESC to my understanding.

In my Bag:

5 WoodBurner 18* stiff ShaftHybrid3DX (18.5*)Irons: (4-LW):Putter: Rossa Indy SportBalls: Reds

Hell, if if we all thought it was in the fairway ... I don't even think I'd make a buddy take a penalty stroke.

They weren't going to make me ... we were all 100% sure it was in the fairway, somewhere ...

In my Bag:

ESC has nothing to do with the scorecard and the number you write on it for the round - if you shot an 8 on a par 4 you card the 8 on the hole for your total score for the round. When the scores are applied to the handicap the person entering the scores or the software being used makes the allowance for the ESC max (

Scorecard handles this automatically)
In the bag:
905R 9.5° - UST ProForce V2 65R
909F2 15.5° Titleist Diamana 75
909H 19° Titleist Diamana 80
Zing 2 3-PW Vokey SM48.08 @ 51° Vokey SM56.11 Unitized Leo

ESC has nothing to do with the scorecard and the number you write on it for the round - if you shot an 8 on a par 4 you card the 8 on the hole for your total score for the round. When the scores are applied to the handicap the person entering the scores or the software being used makes the allowance for the ESC max (

I agree, that's what I meant by record, you explained it much clearer...

Smile, it makes people wonder what you're up to...

Nike Sasquatch 460 10.5 degree driver Diamana shaft
MP-57 3-pw DG R300 shafts
MX700 Hybrid Cleveland CG14 50 degree wedge Nike SV 56 degree wedgeReid Lockhart 56 degree sandwedge (plays like a 60 degree, hence the two 56 degree wedges) Odyssey...

No offense back..... but If I lost a ball I will go back and re-tee everytime. Its the rules!!! You can look at me however you want but rules are rules. I dont know every rule of golf but I play by the ones I know.

909 D3 with Diamana White X
909 F3 15degree with Aldila Vodoo
ZM Forged 2-PW
Voley 56 and 60
Studio Newport 1.5 PRo V1X

No offense back..... but If I lost a ball I will go back and re-tee everytime. Its the rules!!! You can look at me however you want but rules are rules. I dont know every rule of golf but I play by the ones I know.

just curious if that happened on a crowded weekend during a casual round with friends with a group waiting on you if you would go back and re-tee?

Hence the 5.5 handicap.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

On a crowded course on the weekend, no one should be driving back up to the tee box. If you didn't hit a provisional then you work it out however you like.

On a hot weekend day, if you come driving back up to re-tee you may get more than a dirty look

x18 S-4
Lob wedge
Hybore 3 wood
R7 Driver
Shark Head putter (love that old thing)

yeah, ok... do you live in the Tampa area? we're always looking for new people to play with

Sorry. I don't play with cheats.

And you can't explain your comment as "irony" because you have admitted that even in the right circumstances you feel like you can pick and choose which rules matter. You don't have the luxury of being able to waive rules at your convenience. And if you played off 5, you'd certainly know that.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

calling somebody out on their handicap online and their ability? dumb. (ill gladly email you my last 25 rounds with all of my stats) and im actually playing off a 4.6 right now.

what i was saying was if i KNEW my drive was plugged in the fairway IN A CASUAL ROUND , and i couldnt locate it, yes, id just drop one. i wouldnt want to hold anyone up. i cant stand slow play. in a tournament or my clubs championship? thats another story. on a crowded weekend round where im going to hold people up? forget it. i have more courtesy than that. you may not care about holding up your group and the group behind you (and the group behind them, and the group behind them, etc), but i do....

Dude where did you come from? nobody asked you...

Bag: Flight SS
Driver: 10.5* r5 draw with Pro Launch blue 65 Stiff
Irons: CCi Forged 3i-pw
Wedges: 56* CG12 black pearl and 60* low bounce RTG 900
Putter: i-Series Anser 35"Ball: e5+Tee: Zero FrictionGlove: FootJoy WeatherSofRangefinder: MedalistShoes: Sp-6 II, Adidas 360Scores this year:92 91...

Note: This thread is 5518 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!