IGNORED

Footjoy SPIDR2

Note: This thread is 5033 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Does anyone currently play with the SPIDR2, I am looking to switch from the standard weathersof glove. Any thoughts on the durability, feel and grip when wet?

Also does anyone have any other recommendations for a glove, is the PureTouch really worth the $28, or the StaSof at $19.99?
taylormade.gif -- > R9 9.5* Fujikura Motore F1 -- > R9 15* Fujikura Motore ][ callaway.gif -- > X-20 Steel 3-PW ][ cleveland.gif -- > CG-14 Black Pearl 60*
titleist.gif -- > Spin Milled 56* , 52* -- > Studio Select Newport 2- -- > Pro-V1 ][ BBGPSGOLF for GPS on my Blackberry
Home Course: http://whitneyfarmsgc.com/ Connecticut

Never tried the said glove but I have tried the StaSof. Don't know about it being worth the $19.99 since that's fairly relative. I usually buy fairly decent gloves such as Titleist Players-Tech and Perma Tech for under $10 online. Usually toss a couple in the cart when I order other stuff.

Glove wise, as long as the glove isn't very thick and doesn't wear out too fast, I am not too picky. I use Mizuno gloves when practicing and use Titleist gloves when playing.

« Keith »

I've been using the spidr 2 since i bought it sometime around April/May, And for the price they're asking it's really a great glove. Haven't tried too many gloves, only warbirds and this one, but I imagine they don't make em much more comfortable/durable until you're paying for the top cabretta leather stuff. Unless you literally go to the range EVERY DAY I think you'll be ok, mine only has some slight wear in the palm/index finger where my grip and the glove have the most friction (sorry if thats a poor description, i seem to have left some of my vocabulary elsewhere =p)

POINT BEING: Get it, I highly doubt you'll regret it, and it looks pretty cool too. May end up sticking with these gloves down the line myself.

I will probably go with the SPIDR based on recommendations here and around the net.

I am very interested though in hearing from someone who has used the puretouch glove. I like to splurge on nice equipment and thing that one of these gloves every few rounds would be a real treat. That is if they are actually worth the $30 you have to shell out for one.
taylormade.gif -- > R9 9.5* Fujikura Motore F1 -- > R9 15* Fujikura Motore ][ callaway.gif -- > X-20 Steel 3-PW ][ cleveland.gif -- > CG-14 Black Pearl 60*
titleist.gif -- > Spin Milled 56* , 52* -- > Studio Select Newport 2- -- > Pro-V1 ][ BBGPSGOLF for GPS on my Blackberry
Home Course: http://whitneyfarmsgc.com/ Connecticut

• 2 weeks later...

I've burned through two of these gloves. I think they have the absolute best fit for my hand out of any glove I have tried. When the palm material is new, it is very tacky on the grips and feels great. I personally think they are one of the best looking gloves out there. On the other hand, they get crusty really quick and on my second glove I had some stitching on the velcro part come undone. Regardless of that, these are great gloves.

I can't talk for the SPIDR2 glove. In my case, I'd prefer the PureTouch or Stasof.

I haven't been able to try the PureTouch seeing as it's not available in right hand but the Stasof is good value for the price. It's still pretty expensive for what you can find on the market but feels very soft and is also very durable. I've been playing around with cabretta gloves lately and found it to be very nice. It's on the same level as the Titleist Players or the Nike Dri-Fit Tour.

Lately, I've switched to the Footjoy Cabrettasof. I got two for 28$, which is a decent deal here (a FJ Sciflex is 35$) and it feels great. I can't comment on its durability but it's certainly an option to consider.

Note: This thread is 5033 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!