• Announcements

• iacas

Visit FlagstickRule.com   03/13/2017

Visit the site flagstickrule.com to read about and sign a petition for the USGA/R&A regarding the one terrible rule in the proposed "modernized" rules for 2019.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
atxpkrgolf

The Effect of Par on the Mental State of your Play

3 posts in this topic

If I step up to a  475 yd par 5 that's normally 520 but the tees are up I am all upbeat and know I am making birdie & I swing driver freely.  Conversely, if it's a 475 yrd par 4 I am worried and thinking where I don't want to miss etc.

Same thing happens on putts. If I have a 6 footer for bogey I step up confidently and knock it in but if it's for birdie it seems I have a different approach.  It's not like I try any less hard or something silly but just my thinking is off and I am wondering how to change this and have the same outlook no matter what stroke it is.  Thanks

I'm not a pro, but I will give my thoughts. You really need to think that a stroke is a stroke, regardless of individual hole score.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm not a pro, but I will give my thoughts. You really need to think that a stroke is a stroke, regardless of individual hole score.

I obv realize that but that doesn't quite work :cry: