IGNORED

Thoughts on Titleist 917 d2 vs TS2

Note: This thread is 1792 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm currently in the market for a new driver (buying used), and am looking at the Titleist line in specific. A couple of days ago I hit up my local Dick's and was swinging with the new Titleist TS2 (9.5*, Project X Evenflow 65g white). Absolutely loved it, was getting great spin numbers, ball speed, and launch angle. However, because I'm not an extremely serious golfer (and just frugal in general), I wouldn't be able to justify with myself ponying up $500 for a new TS2. 

My original budget for a new used driver was $200, but now I'm thinking that I may increase that in order to get a used TS2. However, I'm also curious about the previous Titleist driver, the 917 D2, since it would be significantly cheaper to buy. I might end up just going for the 917 D2, w/ same specs and shaft. My question for people who hit Titleist drivers: How similar are the 917 D2 and TS2? Is the TS2 a massive improvement over the 917 d2? If so, would it justify paying 2-3 times as much for it (~$100 for used 917d2, ~$250 for used TS2)? 

Edited by JoshSang14

Note: This thread is 1792 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!