IGNORED

Master Cigars Thread

AMGfan
Note: This thread is 2915 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I gave in and just bought a new humidor today. I had filled up the four 100 counts that I had, so decided to go big for my home office. Here is what I ordered. They tell me it holds 1500, but realistically 1200. That should be fine...lol.

Nice, it sure is pretty. I wonder how long your going to sit and just look at it once it gets set up. Congratulations.

Exodus bag
R7 Dual Driver, R7 3w
CGB Rescue 3
CGB max 4-PW
CG11 Black Pearl 52* Vokey Spin Milled 56/14 CG11 Black Pearl 60* Black Series 1

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It wont be half full at all. I just went a little crazy on cigar bid and have between 400-500 cigars on their way. So it was "justified".

hahaa, I hear ya!!! That's a TON of sticks, what did you pull in?(if you don't mind me asking).

My Bag

Driver: Sumo 460 10.5º Stiff
4 & 7 Woods: T-40 Stiff
Irons: Tight Lies GT 3-PWWedges: Tom Watson SignaturePutter: Daiwa DG-245Ball: One PlatinumGone Golfin'

2 cases of graycliffs.
100 stick premium sampler
1 case of cohiba red dots
4 cases of RP Vintage 1990
2 cases of RP Fusion
and tons more, but those stand out the most.

2 cases of graycliffs.

Beautiful selections, green with envy my friend, enjoy!!! Think I'll go have a smoke....

My Bag

Irons: Tight Lies GT 3-PWWedges: Tom Watson SignaturePutter: Daiwa DG-245Ball: One PlatinumGone Golfin'

You're a madman!!!

I'm jelous. That's a lot of cool stuff that the Santa in the brown truck's gonna be delivering to your place!

In my Sasquatch Tour Bag:

Driver - G10 10.5°: UST Pro Vorce V2 Shaft, Regular flex
Hybrid - G10 21° & 24°: TFC 129H, Stiff flex
Irons - S57 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, PW - Nippon 950GH stiff shaftsWedges - Tour 52°, 60° 56°Putter - 34" TracyBall - Treosoft

Ive got a question. Right now I have just a 150 copunt humi that I keep at 72. I seem to like the burn from a cigar sitting at that humidity. The thing ive noticed is that its not good for aging anything, anything ive had in there for over year always seems to fall apart, it could be that only crappy cigars sit in my box that long.

Im thinking of going with a bigger humi where I can age whole boxes, and keep it at 65 or 68. Whats a good humidity for aging? Any suggestions on bigger humis? I want one that can sit on my dressor or in a closet and is friendly to my girlfriends eyes. I dont want to hear her complain about it.

This is kind of what I had in mind

< http://www.tampahumidor.com/sd4/prod...ogany-3278.cfm

Exodus bag
R7 Dual Driver, R7 3w
CGB Rescue 3
CGB max 4-PW
CG11 Black Pearl 52* Vokey Spin Milled 56/14 CG11 Black Pearl 60* Black Series 1

Ive got a question. Right now I have just a 150 copunt humi that I keep at 72. I seem to like the burn from a cigar sitting at that humidity. The thing ive noticed is that its not good for aging anything, anything ive had in there for over year always seems to fall apart, it could be that only crappy cigars sit in my box that long.

There is a lot of debate of exactlly what is the right humidity but in the 65-70% range is usually good(non-cubans at 70%, cubans better at 65%), tempature is just as important too!! ideally between 65-70 degrees, you don't want it to go to much over 70 degrees because you risk getting bettles. My bigger humidor is a 150 count and holds about 80-90 sticks and is a steady 70-72 degrees and 69% humidity. I use 65% beads in both of my humidors, and small tempature swings can greatly effect humidity. Gummi Bear put me on to this site

http://www.botl.org/ there is a ton of info there and some great people as well. I would suggest if you are looking to spend that kind of money to go with a Vinotemp, seems to be a popular way of storing smokes. Don't have to worry about tempature with these as far as running AC or heat in your house all the time to keep consistant. As far as your cigars falling apart after a year, not sure what that is all about but it shouldn't be happening after a year, mostly from what I've read it is not uncommon for people to age them 10 years under the right conditions and be fine(actually better flavored cigars). Edit:
I keep mine at 65% and have quite a few aging in there for years. I dont want too much humidity because of mold.....

This is the same reason I use 65% beads, my friend had a mold issue that ruined everything in his humidor. Not going to let that happen to me.

My Bag

Yeah I too use the 65% beads. Little top of water on them and presto, no issues. I have a few cigars that have been in my 100 count for 6 years. Everything else is in the last year. But the big one arrives today and cant wait to fill it.

Thanks for the tips Craig. I feel like ive come to like my cigars sitting in a box at 72% but after I open it a couple of times a day, its usually at 69-70. But I think my question is for how long. My plan is to get a big enough humi to stuff 4 or 5 boxes in there for 6 to 7 months and then switch it to my smaller one at 72 a couple of weeks before I am ready to smoke them. Do you guys think it would make a difference?
Ill show you guys what im dealing with when I get home and maybe we can trade some.

Exodus bag
R7 Dual Driver, R7 3w
CGB Rescue 3
CGB max 4-PW

So I couldnt wait and had to light one up. After only a couple of days in the humi, the Graycliffs called me. Had one during my round today. All I can say is FANTASTIC!

For the price per stick I would only hope that at worst it was fantastic!! Glad it was good, I heard they are a very full flavor...

My Bag

Note: This thread is 2915 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!