IGNORED

Using American Express rewards points to get a club...

gills
Note: This thread is 5765 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone has ever used american express rewards points to get a new club that they wanted and how long it ended up taking.

I've been thinking about it because I've got enough to get myself a nice fairway wood. Let me know your experiences.
R7 Superquad 10.5* REAX regular flex shaft
FT 5 wood
675XC forged irons 3-PW, True Temper DG SL stiff(S300) shafts
55* BeCu sandwedge
e6+ balls or ProV1
Cougar X-cat putter (odyssey 2-ball rip-off)

Got my Scotty Red X and one of those weighted training drivers (Momentus I think) using AE points. Each time I got a call from a agent verifying my shipping address and order and then gave me an approximate delivery date. Worked very well and because I use AE for everything, points are accumulating; I'll do it all over again.

"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred." Woody Allen
My regular pasture.

Pretty much every club I have I have gotten from my AMEX rewards. The Taylormade and Callaway stuff you usually get within a week and a half, where the Titelist stuff usually takes close to 3 weeks. On most items they send you a certificate and you call and redeem it, I usually get the certificate within a few days of oredering it.

Exodus bag
R7 Dual Driver, R7 3w
CGB Rescue 3
CGB max 4-PW
CG11 Black Pearl 52* Vokey Spin Milled 56/14 CG11 Black Pearl 60* Black Series 1

My dad has PNC and his points are adding up. I'm not really sure how it works, but I looked on their and he doesn't have enough just yet for any golf clubs...but I saw that golf clubs were avb. Once he gets enough I'm going to grab the Scotty Cameron.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

hey, thanks for the replies. Sounds like it's not really a headache at all.

I think i'm going to go ahead and get myself a Callaway FT 5 wood and a dozen ProV1's!!
R7 Superquad 10.5* REAX regular flex shaft
FT 5 wood
675XC forged irons 3-PW, True Temper DG SL stiff(S300) shafts
55* BeCu sandwedge
e6+ balls or ProV1
Cougar X-cat putter (odyssey 2-ball rip-off)

hey, thanks for the replies. Sounds like it's not really a headache at all.

Amex usually makes everything easy, sometimes the site doesnt work, but you can just call.

Exodus bag
R7 Dual Driver, R7 3w
CGB Rescue 3
CGB max 4-PW
CG11 Black Pearl 52* Vokey Spin Milled 56/14 CG11 Black Pearl 60* Black Series 1

Note: This thread is 5765 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!