IGNORED

What is going on in Georgia?

Surefire
Note: This thread is 5749 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Does anyone else think this is the kind of situation that can easily get out of hand, and turn into a very big deal?

Not really heard many people saying much about it, but it could have a big impact on gas and oil supply to the West among other things.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Oh dear! I did kind of expect that response though.

In case you didn't realise I meant the Georgia that is a member of NATO, but is being invaded by Russia, as opposed to the South Eastern state of the US.

Oh dear! I did kind of expect that response though.

Quick correction: the

NATO website does not list Georgia as a member state.

Brad Eisenhauer

In my bag:
Driver: Callaway Hyper X 10° | Fairway Wood: GigaGolf PowerMax GX920 3W (15°) | Hybrid: GigaGolf PowerMax GX920 3 (20°)
Irons: Mizuno MX-25 4-PW | Wedges: GigaGolf Tradition SGS Black 52°, 56°, 60° | Putter: GigaGolf CenterCut Classic SP3

Ball: Titleist ProV1x or Bridgestone B330S

Quick correction: the

Sorry. Yeah slight exageration on my part, Georgia fully cooperates with NATO though and is working on becoming a member.

"At their Summit in Bucharest in April 2008, NATO leaders agreed that Georgia would become a member of the Alliance, and launched a period of intensive engagement with Georgia to address questions still outstanding pertaining to Georgia’s Membership Action Plan (MAP) application. Future decisions on when Georgia will move to the MAP stage and eventually to membership will be based on Georgia’s performance in implementing key reforms laid out in the IPAP. " Thats from nato.int

guess you didn't pick up my sarcasm.

I did get the sarcasm and don't worry I'm not offended in any way. Just its a bit sad that the ONLY response I got was a sarcastic one. Does noone care what Russia is up to?

Would have been nice to see it nestled amongst some serious responses too, thats all.

I still dont fully understand why Russia is in Georgia. The Russians claim that they are the victims and the Georgians are the aggressors, but its the Russians who are the occupying force and are going around looting and burning buildings.
The U.S. government has said that they arent going to get involved, but it seems like someone should step in and stand up for the people of Georgia.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

I still dont fully understand why Russia is in Georgia. The Russians claim that they are the victims and the Georgians are the aggressors, but its the Russians who are the occupying force and are going around looting and burning buildings.

Well, Georgia is the instigator here. By my understanding, they invaded South Ossettia, which is a free state between the two countries. Russia is only defending the Russian people in South Ossettia (there are alot of them, South Ossettia is predominantly Russian). Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Whats in the bag:

Driver: Nike Ignite 460cc 10.5* Fujikura Ignite reg flex
Fairway woods: Howson tour master power series 3,5 woods
Irons: MacGregor M675 3-PW DG S300 Wedges: Mizuno MP-R Black Nickel 54.10, 60.05Putter: Pinfire Golf P4Ball: Titleist NXT TourHome Course:http://www.golfarmagh.co.uk/...

Well, Georgia is the instigator here. By my understanding, they invaded South Ossettia, which is a free state between the two countries. Russia is only defending the Russian people in South Ossettia (there are alot of them, South Ossettia is predominantly Russian). Please correct me if I'm wrong.

very true, the georgians instigated it. but that "free" region used to be part of georgia and is home to some (apparently) crazy people

but i don't blame russia for protecting their people. i do blame them for cutting the country in half and looting the crap out of it

driver- R580XD 9.5*
3 wood- m/speed
hybrid- cft ti 4h
irons- fp 4-gap
wedges- 54* and RAC satin 56* 12 bounceputter- 1/2 Craz-Eballs- DT Carry, e5, anything found thats is good shapeshoes-adidashome course - nothing - uh oh. perhaps pleasant view againschool...

very true, the georgians instigated it. but that "free" region used to be part of georgia and is home to some (apparently) crazy people

But the Georgians must have been aware that there would be reprocussions... I mean to say, they can't just attack Russian people and expect the Russians not to do anything about it... I think Russia wants to reclaim Georgia and, imo, the Georgian government has given them a golden opportunity to try and do so, by attacking South Ossettia.

Whats in the bag:

Driver: Nike Ignite 460cc 10.5* Fujikura Ignite reg flex
Fairway woods: Howson tour master power series 3,5 woods
Irons: MacGregor M675 3-PW DG S300 Wedges: Mizuno MP-R Black Nickel 54.10, 60.05Putter: Pinfire Golf P4Ball: Titleist NXT TourHome Course:http://www.golfarmagh.co.uk/...

oh yeah georgia was definatly in the wrong. like you said, you don't drive across your border guns a blazing and expect people to ignore it.

russia just pushed it too far. as for the US wanting to give Russia repercussions, screw that, tell georgia be prepared next time if they go starting a frickin war

driver- R580XD 9.5*
3 wood- m/speed
hybrid- cft ti 4h
irons- fp 4-gap
wedges- 54* and RAC satin 56* 12 bounceputter- 1/2 Craz-Eballs- DT Carry, e5, anything found thats is good shapeshoes-adidashome course - nothing - uh oh. perhaps pleasant view againschool...

Does noone care what Russia is up to?

Sorry. I guess it doesn't seem like as big of a shock to me, since the US pretty much does the same thing.

The Russians claim that they are the victims and the Georgians are the aggressors, but its the Russians who are the occupying force and are going around looting and burning buildings.

Sounds familar...

Thats not strictly true. Officially South Ossettia is a part of Georgia, but it has lots of ethnic Russians as its population.

What happened is Russia funded and encouraged separatist actions in South Ossettia. When Georgia responded by using military force against the separatists, the Russians invaded saying they were protecting the ethnic Russian people from the Georgians who are using force against them. They also bombed a big oil pipeline that runs through Georgia, which was built to bypass Russia to try and provide stability of supply. Russia have also threatened to invade Poland, if they go ahead with the missile defence deal that they are arranging with the US.

I can see where Russia is coming from, but IMO, invading Georgia and looting is going too far.
Its one thing to protect your people, its another to act out revenge on a neiboring country.
I can see why my government said we arent going to get involved.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Note: This thread is 5749 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!