IGNORED

Gas prices going down, would you rather.....

DiverDown
Note: This thread is 5749 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Pay now or pay later

• Lower gas price please, it will all sort out....
    • Pay the piper now, we need the change....

I was thinking about this the other day....... I read an article that prices are falling as the talk of offshore drilling is heating up. There is also a tremendous oil resource under the Rockies that would easily compete with the Middle East, but drilling that would be costly at first.

It got me thinking, would I rather offshore drilling and local drilling options be pursued as it's pushing prices back down, or would I prefer to pay the price at the pump right now as it's encouraging other technologies, and will be better for the environment.

So I pose the question to you. I think I would rather pay ther piper now to create a more efficient and friendly energy to fuel our transportation needs. I hate paying the prices now as I drive a V8 truck, but a change is needed.

I hope gas goes up to 6 bucks a gallon, less idiots on the road (especially soccer moms in Escalades) around here in Dallas and it doesn't affect me much. Plus alternative fuel sources being developed is a good thing.

SLDR 430 TP Graphite Design DI-6s
SLDR Mini Driver TP Graphite Design DI-6s
SLDR 4h Matrix Black Tie 95s
Ping G25 4-PW
Ping Gorge 50, 54, 58

Ping Anser IWI

As has been shown in some of my previous posts, I'm hoping prices continue to slide. I think we have a ways to go before it's where it should be and I don't know that we'll get there (I'm thinking about $2.75 National average, which would be about $2.50 around my area). I am not an environmentalist so I think drilling would be a good thing; gonna take a while before we see any benefits from it but if the reserves are there, why not tap them?
My Equipment:
Northwestern 3-, 5-, 7- and 9-wood;
Goldwin AVDP Irons (5-10 plus PW);
U.S. Golf 60 degree wedge;
See-More Putter; Bushnell Yardage Pro 1000 Rangefinder;Golflogix GPS.

We need energy independence and it's not going to ever happen with petroleum.

What's in my bag:
Cleveland Hibore XLS Monster Driver
TourEdge Exotics 2,3,4 hybrid irons
Tommy Armour 845cs Silverbacks 5-PW
Assorted wedges, Ping Scottsdale Anser

I would rather spend the money to build Yucca Mountain and new nuclear plants to replace existing ones as well as end our dependence on coal plants than I would spend money to reduce dependency on oil at this point. Almost all nuclear plants in the US are reaching the upper limits of their life expectancies, but dumb politics are keeping them from being replaced.

Drill the oil and put a nuclear plant in every state.

I threw my clubs into the lake so it's time to start over...

Driver: Great Big Bertha II 10°, Callaway System 60 Firm
Woods: Tour 2400 Plus 3
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H, Adila NV 85 SIrons: X20 4-GWPutter: Studio Select Newport 2

IMO, we need to do both. Drill and develop. We are more dependant on petroleum than most think. So many products that are used every single day by every single person are petroleum based....so we will never be totally petroleum independent.
Would like to see alternates to petroleum based fuels though.

Pay the piper now, we need to change. If gas goes back to being cheap, its only going to slow down the development of alternative fuels because there will be no demand. People will go back to buying trucks and fullsize SUVs and the automakers will focus on those vehicles because thats what their customers want.
Drilling for more oil is just a band-aid to the problem of sustained mobility. We need to invest our time, money and resources in finding alterantives to fossil fuel, not in finding more fossil fuel.
Lets say we invest billions and billions of dollars in finding more oil. Thats great for now, but what are we going to do when all the oil is gone? There we will all sit, looking like a bunch of idiots because we only thought of the now and our love for gas guzzlers instead of thinking long-term and developing things like hydrogen and electric cars.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Note: This thread is 5749 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!