IGNORED

Just when you think you have your dream club, nope!

GaijinGolfer
Note: This thread is 5724 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So, heres the story. Last week I won an auction for a Mizuno MX-500 11.5* driver on Ebay (got it for about $120). Im thinking, "good deal and it should help out my driving game."
Anywho, I pay for it with PayPal and the seller says it will ship out on Tuesday. All is well in the world and then I get an e-mail this morning from the seller saying that they did a search of their inventory, that they cant find the club and that they are currently investigating it as a possible theft. They did refund my PayPal payment though, so all is good.
Its just kinda like, wow, what are the odds???
Im kicking around the idea of just buying a new Mizuno F-60 16.5". You can buy them new for $200 and with how much I suck at hitting driver, it would probably work out just as well as that driver would have.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

• Administrator
Its just kinda like, wow, what are the odds???

More likely, they held it back so they could sell it to someone else who paid more for it (either they were running simultaneous auctions or they figure they'll re-list it later and get more for it).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

More likely, they held it back so they could sell it to someone else who paid more for it (either they were running simultaneous auctions or they figure they'll re-list it later and get more for it).

Could be. If thats the way they wanna play the game, more power to 'em. Its not as if I got the club THAT cheaply. Granted, they claimed it was new but its also an obsolete club. List price for a MX-560 is $300 and no doubt you could get one cheaper than that with all the end of the season promotions that are going on right now.

Like I said, no big deal. They refunded my payment, so all is well.

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

I had kind of a situation you did. It may seem suspicious or not, but I ordered a Yes! Putter and an employees dog got into the stock room and chewed my headcover.

Iacas makes a very good point as well Titleist.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

Could be. If thats the way they wanna play the game, more power to 'em. Its not as if I got the club THAT cheaply. Granted, they claimed it was new but its also an obsolete club. List price for a MX-560 is $300 and no doubt you could get one cheaper than that with all the end of the season promotions that are going on right now.

B-Mono,

You really need to report the seller. Sellers use that excuse to get around selling items cheaper than they wanted to. And that violates eBay policy. They had a contract with you, and they breached. It's rampant on eBay - "Oops, we're sorry. We accidentally sold that in our store." My response - you know what, do a better job of setting auction items aside. Because you can damn well bet that they wouldn't hesitate to report me or leave negative feedback if, after winning the auction, I sent them an email that said "I'm really sorry, but I've misplaced my wallet" or "Terribly sorry, I didn't realize that my wife bought a new pair of shoes and I just don't have the money to pay for that now." Also leave them negative or neutral feedback. They can't leave you revenge negative feedback any more.

They havent left me feedback yet, so Im not sure what Im going to do. I mean, they did refund my money.
The way I see it, I have no reason to think they are lying to me, but you can bet that if I see that seller has another listing for that exact same club, I will report them to Ebay.

Yeah, we'll see. Im moving on though. For now Im putting my Titleist PT Bore-Thru 15* 3-wood back in the bag, but Im keeping an eye out for a Mizuno F-50 or F-60 16.5* 4-wood. If I cant manage to get a good deal on one off of Ebay, I might just spend the cash for a new one. Afterall, new they list for $200, so if I cant get one off of Ebay for $100 or less, I'll just pay $200 for a new one. At least with buying one from a Mizuno dealer or a golf retailer I will get a warranty with it and I know the club Im getting is exactly what the seller says it is (new in plastic and has never been hit). Buying off of Ebay does still worry me a little bit, because no matter how good the seller's rep is, you just never know. Even still, you cant beat the deals you can get on Ebay. I managed to buy the set I currently have for far less than what new equipment would have cost me and for the most part Ive had good luck with Ebay, so I cant really complain.
Like I said, it kind of annoys me about this driver, but its not the end of the world. At least the seller refunded my money.

Keep an eye on this sellers other items for sale over the next couple of days. If you see them list this club again, nail them with negative feedback.

Exodus bag
R7 Dual Driver, R7 3w
CGB Rescue 3
CGB max 4-PW
CG11 Black Pearl 52* Vokey Spin Milled 56/14 CG11 Black Pearl 60* Black Series 1

^Thats my plan.

I think the seller handled it appropriately. They refunded the money as they should. Between ebay fees and paypal fees, the seller will lose money in order to relist and hope for a few extra dollars.

B-Mono,

Heck yeah! I totally agree with you! It's not about your getting your money back equals to smooth transaction, it's about the opportunity.

I had similar experience but not from eBay. It's a reputable online store for golf items. So I ordered a pair of Adidas 360 tour II (on sale) with my size and also couple things from them. They replied that the shoes were in stock, but other items were backordered for a week. I made the order and I paid them with CC via PayPal (international order). Well, in this case PayPal directly charged my CC so it's already in my CC bill and they received just plain cash. Two weeks later, which I was totally okay for the delay, they sent me an email saying my orders arrived, BUT...they had sold my shoes and there's no more in my size. I was really pissed at that time. I told that I already paid for all those things, which they should had had set it aside and how on earth it got sold. Furthermore, I told them that the only reason I had placed my order was because of the shoes (couldn't resist Tour 360 II for $105 brand new) and the others were just additional unnecessary things just because international shipping for the shoes alone was more than $100. That's why I added more things such as Mizuno stand bag, umbrella, visors, one more pair of shoes for my friend, etc. The funny thing was adding such items especially the stand bag only added about $40 to the shipment cost. So what did I do? I canceled my order and they refunded my money. To make matter worse, the order I placed was just about a week away from my CC billing cycle. So literally I did already paid for them all. When they refunded my money it's calculated in the next cycle. I'm sure you guys know how CC company does on currency conversion. I ended up losing more than $50 for nothing. This is why I agree that you should report the seller. "At least they refunded my money" They dang sure have to refund your money if there's no transaction otherwise it's stealing. It's the opportunity including the effort and time you spent on making a good will purchase that they can't give you back. Sorry for ranting.
What's in the bag:
Driver: r7 SuperQuad 10.5° ~ UST Proforce V2 65g Regular
Wood: 906F4 18.5° ~ Aldila VS Proto 80g Stiff
Irons: MP-60 3-PW ~ True Temper Tour Concept S3
Wedges: Vokey Oil Can 252.08, SM56.10 & SM60.08Putter: Marxman Mallet 33"

I think the seller handled it appropriately. They refunded the money as they should. Between ebay fees and paypal fees, the seller will lose money in order to relist and hope for a few extra dollars.

I think the problem is that these guys start the bidding to low, and then get pissed when it doesnt go where they want it. I dont use EBay too much, but I used to buy a lot of tools off of it and this was a common problem. Ill give them the benifit of the doubt, but when they re list it I get pissed.

Exodus bag
R7 Dual Driver, R7 3w
CGB Rescue 3
CGB max 4-PW
CG11 Black Pearl 52* Vokey Spin Milled 56/14 CG11 Black Pearl 60* Black Series 1

I think the problem is that these guys start the bidding to low, and then get pissed when it doesnt go where they want it. I dont use EBay too much, but I used to buy a lot of tools off of it and this was a common problem. Ill give them the benifit of the doubt, but when they re list it I get pissed.

Thats what Im thinking too. Until they relist the item, I really have no reason to not believe what they say.

I could sit here and call the seller a liar, but honestly I have no proof that it wasnt stolen. The seller has a 100% positive feedback rating and nothing in their feedback history talks about something like this happening, so Im not going to point the finger of blame and call someone a liar when I have absolutely no proof and no reason to suspect they are lying.

Note: This thread is 5724 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!