IGNORED

So I bought a handicap system membership and the number Im getting seems low to me...

RocktimusPryme
Note: This thread is 5664 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I understand where the questions come from, because I play with people all the time, who kick balls out of bad lies and give themselves 3 footers. But Ive always taken care NOT to be one of those people. And it just gets under my skin to be questioned when I know I score properly, but have no real way to prove it. Its an in-defensible position.

Don't even worry about it. I feel ya on that one. Golf is a gentlemens' game and a game of honor as far as I'm concerned. You've been a gentlemen over the course of the thread, I personally have no reason to question your honor.

Aren't you supposed to start posting scores from when you join the handicap system moving forward. You don't just find some old scorecards laying around and post them. Would it not then be OK to just make up some scores that he feels fall within his average as well? Of course not.

You CAN post old scores to establish a handicap.

Why are you comparing the posting of legitimate old scores with made up scores ? If someone wants to make up scores, they can do it moving forward just as easily. Nothing the OP has posted in this thread has show any indication of impropriety yet you continue to break his balls. I don't understand why you are being such a dick.

Just to get your panties in a bunch tjy355. I now feel obligated to live up to the negative reputation points I have been given so you can look forward to alot more negative posts from me.

I cant believe this thread is still going...... I thought it was going to be like 10 posts max, I got the answer I wanted a long time ago. Now its just bickering.

Since it is still active though I have a new question. I shot a 99 yesterday on a really hard course. Rio Secco from the tips, I think its 75/144 and 7300 yards. When i posted that round I assumed it would take the gross 99, take into account the course difficulty and give me a lower net round, but it didnt. Conversly when I shot the 90 the other day on a far easier course it gave me a net score of 89?

Clubs I havent thrown in a lake yet

Driver: R7 CGB max 9.5*
Woods: R5 3, and 5 woods
Hybrids: Rescue Burner 22*, 25*Irons: CG Red 6 - PWWedges: CG12 52*, 56*, 60*Putter: 1 of 100 handmade pebble beach http://scottycameronblog.com/2007/09...pebble-beach/#Vegas golf sucks!!

Since it is still active though I have a new question. I shot a 99 yesterday on a really hard course. Rio Secco from the tips, I think its 75/144 and 7300 yards. When i posted that round I assumed it would take the gross 99, take into account the course difficulty and give me a lower net round, but it didnt. Conversly when I shot the 90 the other day on a far easier course it gave me a net score of 89?

"Net" score is usually the score after you take into account your equitable stroke holes (read blowup holes). If I may ask, what does it say your handicap score is right now? You can use that score to figure your course handicap for that harder course and thus the max you can take on each hole. Maybe you shot the 99 on the harder course without posting any huge scores on specific holes. For instance, you could double every hole with no ESC holes. If that were the case your net score would wind up being the same as your raw or gross score. But if those numbers are correct -75 (course rating, not par?) & 144 - I think you would have a differential of 18.8. Distance of the course isn't used in the calculating of a handicap differential directly. But I suppose it is a factor when the course rating is originally set.

Hope this helps!

Isn't net score just your gross score minus course handicap? i.e., if your handicap index is 8, on a 144 slope you'll get 8*144/113 = 10 strokes, so a gross 99 is a net 89. This is the score you'd use to, e.g., find the winner of a net score tourney. It has nothing to do with your next handicap calculation.

For the handicap differential, you'll have to enforce the ESC, but assuming no worse than double on any hole, you'll get a differential of (99-75)*113/144 = 18.8 as Stacy_E posted.

If you got a single stroke to improve from 90 to 89 on the easier course, it'd had to have been a slope rating of 14 (8*14/113 = 1). That seems unlikely -- are you sure you calculated correctly?

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

Not sure I understand. Net score should be gross score - course handicap. NOTE: "Course handicap" is your index adjusted for the difficulty of the course using the slope. So you will have a higher course handicap on a more difficult course I don't know how your software works, but does it say "net" score? Perhaps it is an "adjusted" score (ESC applied)? For the software to apply ESC, you would have to enter the hole-by-hole scores. Do you enter the scores by hole or just the gross score?

Just to get your panties in a bunch tjy355. I now feel obligated to live up to the negative reputation points I have been given so you can look forward to alot more negative posts from me.

Whatever. I don't have any problems with negative posts, as long as they have merit.

In any case, it's not me giving you negative reputation. That stuff is for the ***** junior high schoolers. I look at negative rep as a badge of honor. Mine sure suffered when I upset the Scotty Cameron lovers.

"Net" score is usually the score after you take into account your equitable stroke holes (read blowup holes).

Actually, that is called an "adjusted score."

Net score is simply: gross score - course handicap.

Isn't net score just your gross score minus course handicap? i.e., if your handicap index is 8, on a 144 slope you'll get 8*144/113 = 10 strokes, so a gross 99 is a net 89. This is the score you'd use to, e.g., find the winner of a net score tourney. It has nothing to do with your next handicap calculation.

That's totally right! I'll be the first to admit that was my bad. I got my nomenclature confused. I was thinking adjusted score. You are totally right on that one.

NOTE: "Course handicap" is your index adjusted for the difficulty of the course using the slope. So you will have a higher course handicap on a more difficult course

And that's the important part to remember when playing different courses. This way you know exactly what your course handicap is for THAT course. It's important to know if you can post no higher than a double bogie or no higher than a 7 on a hole. The difference can be an issue if you hover around the ESC table cutoff of a 10 handicap.

I look at negative rep as a badge of honor. Mine sure suffered when I upset the Scotty Cameron lovers.

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!!!!!!!!! That's exactly what got me the negative rep. I started a thread asking a legitimate question regarding high end putters wether there was any real difference. The thread got locked up for nothing by the Cameron Nazi and I got a pile of negative feedback. F*** them. Ha ha!!!!

Note: This thread is 5664 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!