IGNORED

Golf related Brewery name

albatross
Note: This thread is 5656 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm a pretty serious homebrewer and I'm obviously obsessed with golf also.

Can you guys try to help me think of a cool golf related name for my brewery?

I've already begun brewing a special beer for each of the majors that is related to where it's being played.

I know there are some creative folks on this site. I'm just trying to come up with a cool name and logo for the brewery. Thanks!

I am really into craft brews as well. Not making them but enjoying them. Anyway I am still trying to brainstorm a bit for the name.

Your flagship brew (such as a staple like new belgium fat tire) could have a description of "a beer unlike any other"

You could also have an end of the year type seasonal release beer called " glory's last shot"

Not sure of anything else at this point. Maybe Albatross Brewing Co ?

Old Man Par Brewing Co.??? ( When Bobby Jones played match play he always reminded himself he was playing against old man par and not his opponent) Ultimately led to the great success he had. "Old Man Par" was mentioned many times in his book "the grand slam"

Tie that in to your brewing company with the fact you aren't out there trying to match other brewing companies beers but instead your success would come from sticking to your own tastes, talents, and ideas of what a good beer is.

Some cool ideas there man. I appreciate it. I was already thinking about Albatross Brewing Co. Kind of a cool name.

I could come up with a cool logo with that name also. I like the glory's last shot idea a lot.

i agree with you that albatross is a good name. you can def do a lot with it. now that i think about it having a company start with " old man" might turn some people off...the name of a beer maybe not so much. it could work as a very traditional style beer.

what are some other ideas you have had? are you looking to have everything involve golf? names of beers? etc?

Craft beer and golf go hand and hand for me. I was in san diego for work a few months back and had a fantastic amber ale on the patio at torrey pines lodge overlooking the golf course and the pacific ocean. I fell in love with that beer, and craft brew at that moment. That was a very pleasant memory for me.

i'll gladly keep giving thoughts. A lot of them will be terrible but hey that's part of brainstorming a business idea.

I think albatross brewing co. is perfect. Now all you need is an artist to draw up a picture of an albatross fisting a beer and leaning on his putter. Maybe in knickers and a driving hat?

Whats in the bag?
Driver = Wishon Golf 949mc 9.75*/.5* Closed Face Angle
Fairway Wood = Wishon Golf 915 F/H 16* Square Face Angle
Wood Shafts = Wishon Golf Pro Flight EXP 85g Stiff Flex
Hybrids = Wishon Golf 331H 21* & 24*Hybrid Shafts = Wishon Golf GI335 Tour Weight 92g Stiff FlexIrons = Wishon...

I think albatross brewing co. is perfect. Now all you need is an artist to draw up a picture of an albatross fisting a beer and leaning on his putter. Maybe in knickers and a driving hat?

I think the albatross needs an iron or wood in his hand. Putting for a double eagle seems (nearly) impossible.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

The albatross angle is a good idea. Maybe the marketing slogan could be....
That rarest of birds.
I think it MIGHT have been a Ken Venturi saying?

What about "Double Eagle"? Just an idea. With the outline of two eagles toasting each other? Or maybe just a crest type design with two eagles. The golfers would recognize it as much as albatross.

I'm just thinking that to non-golfers the eagle seems more recognizable than an albatross. Plus for added "cool factor" the youngsters could just call it a "Dub". . That's as easy to say and has more appeal than a "Bud".

Agree with "eagle" name and logo. Since it could represent US and golf. I personally have eagle crystal in my room (bought it a year ago) because I believe it would bring me lucks in golf :) ... hopefully....

Driver TP Burner 8.5* Stiff
3 Wood SQ 15* stiff
5 Wood SQ 19* stiff
Irons MP 67 (3-PW) stiff
Wedge 52* and 56* stiffPutter Mtisushiba Ball

I love homebrewing also (haven't brewed a batch since tying the knot) There used to be a great homebrew site called 'The Cat's Meow'. Don't know it it's still around.

Brainstorming here.

Double Eagle Bock
Albatross Ale IPA
Ace Ale IPA
Birdie Beer or Bitter Ale
Beechwood Beer Billy Baroo Bitter Ale (Caddyshack references)
Bandit Bitter Ale
Bull Dog Beer
Condor Porter (Condor is a triple Eagle)
Dogleg Dunkel or Belgian Dubel
Pelican Pilsner
St. Andrews Stout (don't know about permission and stuff like that)

Ok, so I went to an online golfing dictionary and online beer dictionary for help.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

Note: This thread is 5656 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!