IGNORED

Is this Guy's Putter Illegal?

Kcas77
Note: This thread is 3890 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Settle down rulers of all things golf.....

Your putter is illegal because the shaft no longer flex's equally in all directions.  I take this from the fact that you said you had to turn it 180 degrees to make it lay flat.  I am not ranting or raving just making an observation.  The shaft should be able to slip into the hozzle no matter how you spin it and flex the same in all directions.  If the bend compromised the shafts ability to do so it needs to be replaced.  I believe you stated that the shaft could only fit one direction which means the lie angle is corrected by the shaft not the putter head/hozzle.....

As far as all things related to modified rules... Those subtractions or additions to the game only make you a bad golfer (or as my kids like to say a "worser" golfer).  You are playing a game against yourself 1st, then comparing yourself to others 2nd.

I made my own putter to USGA regulations and it still doesn't make it legal till I do one last thing.... Submit it for their final approval. Yes, this is not your issue, Yes I believe my putter meets the USGA standard and feel very confident it will pass approval.  NO it is not legal till otherwise approved by the USGA regulatory committee/board.

Originally Posted by Weed Whacker

Settle down rulers of all things golf.....

Your putter is illegal because the shaft no longer flex's equally in all directions.  I take this from the fact that you said you had to turn it 180 degrees to make it lay flat.  I am not ranting or raving just making an observation.  The shaft should be able to slip into the hozzle no matter how you spin it and flex the same in all directions.  If the bend compromised the shafts ability to do so it needs to be replaced.  I believe you stated that the shaft could only fit one direction which means the lie angle is corrected by the shaft not the putter head/hozzle.....

As far as all things related to modified rules... Those subtractions or additions to the game only make you a bad golfer (or as my kids like to say a "worser" golfer).  You are playing a game against yourself 1st, then comparing yourself to others 2nd.

I made my own putter to USGA regulations and it still doesn't make it legal till I do one last thing.... Submit it for their final approval.  Yes, this is not your issue, Yes I believe my putter meets the USGA standard and feel very confident it will pass approval.  NO it is not legal till otherwise approved by the USGA regulatory committee/board.

Welcome to the site!

It's worth mentioning that the thread you're commenting on is over 4 years old however and the OP hasn't posted on the site since so I suspect that your response has fallen on deaf ears........

Just didn't want you to think we're rude around here if you don't get a response.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3890 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!