• Announcements

• iacas

GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Contest   09/22/2016

Join our GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Challenge to win an autographed GAME GOLF, a Pebble Steel watch, and many more great prizes!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
glebert

Golfer's elbow - overuse tendonosis, not tendonitis

3 posts in this topic

I know there have been a few threads about golfer's elbow or other related tendon problems, but I came across some new info (at least to me) that is very important for anyone who has these problems.

I have been having problems with my left forearm for a couple of years now, thought it was tendonitis or tenosynovitis (similar). I had it under control for a while but it has recently flared up again. In doing some research I found some really interesting info that proports that chronic tendon problems are rarely tedonitis, even though that is the usual diagnosis, but rather tendonosis. The treatements are actually quite different, so it is important that you know which problem you have. For example, NSAIDs and rest are the usual treatment for tedonitis, but those things are actually counterproductive for tendonosis.

Here is a really good medical article (not too much jargon, either). http://www.scribd.com/doc/9914740/Overuse-Tendinosis that really goes over the differences between the conditions and the treatements.

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

I've had something in my left elbow for months now. I just drop some alleve, wrap it and keep playing or practicing. I really don't think it will ever be 100% again. I'll live with it. It is very common among golfers, especially those that play alot and are in their 50's.

Yeah thats me too.3 advill and away I go.I play 3 times a week and I am 57,It is usually my left elbow as I am a lefty golfer.