IGNORED

Don't Do Business with HILLTOPGOLFWORKS

LottaBalata
Note: This thread is 5509 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I decided that I didn't want to look at my Rife 2-bar with all of that crappy looking blue. Did some searches and decided to go with a guy on Ebay. . .

http://hilltopgolfworks.com/putter_r...g_black_ox.php

This is his website.

I did a "buy it now" auction on Jan 13th, and still have not received my putter yet.

hilltopgolfworks & wildwilly911 are his Ebay user id's.

He seems like a nice guy, but if you check his feedback under hilltopgolfworks, you can plainly see what his problem is. He takes much longer than he claims (his auction said a turnaround of 3 or 4 days).

So, if anyone gets the urge to refinish some clubs, putter, maybe even a gun, GO ELSEWHERE.

Chet

PS, I contacted Ebay today. . .the guy I spoke with on the phone pretty much said I should contact my local authorities. . .If I don't receive my putter by the end of the week, I will for sure.

Also, if you're wondering why I waited so long to file a complaint. . .I called him at one point, he said he just got back from the hospital, "You almost lost me last night! Had an intestinal growth removed, it was the size of a grapefruit." --This is what he told me one day when I called for an update. Its hard to file a complaint against a guy that supposedly, just nearly died. I've heard elsewhere he's had health issues, but does anyone really know if its true. I can't say I really believe the guy now.

He has supposedly shipped it out twice in the last week 1/2. It really shouldn't take that long for a package to get from Wisconsin to Indiana.

This sucks

he used to be REALLY reliable from what ive heard. but recently i have heard nothing but complaints. i heard he was in the hospital a little while ago, so i dont know if that has anything to do with how bad his business has been handling things lately. i just know that he used to be reliable and all of a sudden there has been tons of complaints. im wondering if the hospital thing is even true and he's just using that as an excuse though? if he said he's shipped it out twice now and you still havent received anything, im thinking that he's probably lying about something

he used to be REALLY reliable from what ive heard. but recently i have heard nothing but complaints. i heard he was in the hospital a little while ago, so i dont know if that has anything to do with how bad his business has been handling things lately. i just know that he used to be reliable and all of a sudden there has been tons of complaints. im wondering if the hospital thing is even true and he's just using that as an excuse though? if he said he's shipped it out twice now and you still havent received anything, im thinking that he's probably lying about something

I could hear him on the phone. . .he tries to sound surprised that I've not received it yet. . .I don't know what to think anymore. I simply want my putter back. I don't care if its have painted, sanded, in 5 pieces. . .Holy crap, just send the thing back.

And if you lost it, man up for Pete's sake, and spend your money and replace it.

Wow, thanks for the heads-up. This reminds me of another internet retailer, whose name I won't mention, that many people said was a B ig H uge M istake to buy from.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Sorry to hear about your dilemma. I bought a sharpener from him a few years back, it arrived pretty quick and works great.

To me at least he seemed like a pretty decent guy. That was then. I think he's fairly old based on his video. I noticed he has no current auctions running so maybe he is being straight with you. People do get sick.

Hopefully your issue will get resolved soon and your putter will look better than ever!

Good luck.

I've also purchased from him before and I always had a positive experience. He may really be sick!

What I Play!

x86 Stand Bag
Driver: 907D2 10.5* w/EPIC-S
Irons: 735.CM irons 4-PW PX 5.5FW Wood: 909F2 15.5* Aldila Voodoo SHybrid: 909.H 21* Diamana Blue Board SWedges: Vokey 250.08 (oil can), Spin Milled 54.11 & 60.07 (Black Ni)Studio Select 2.5Ball: Pro-V1x/Bridgestone B330s (or anything I...

The whole sick thing goes back about a month. I'm not sure if he is or he isn't. Its been mentioned on a diff. golf forum that he's had issues.

Being sick, shouldn't make him ship it incorrectly or, lose it, or not ship it--especially since he's told me he's shipped it twice, but can't seem to email me, or even tell me over the phone what the tracking# is. See my point?

Wow, thanks for the heads-up. This reminds me of another internet retailer, whose name I won't mention, that many people said was a

i fell for that a-hole once. luckily i didnt lose a lot of money ($30-ish). ive heard of some HORROR stories of people losing several hundred to him (BHM) though. in that case, the guy is just a psycho

If the guy has malignant growths, it can cause paraneoplastic syndromes that effect cognitive function. Just trying to give him the benefit of doubt. However, if he really is ill enough that it effects his business, he should be outsourcing things that he can't handle correctly and efficiently.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

If the guy has malignant growths, it can cause paraneoplastic syndromes that effect cognitive function. Just trying to give him the benefit of doubt. However, if he really is ill enough that it effects his business, he should be outsourcing things that he can't handle correctly and efficiently.

paraneoplaistic syndrome is usually caused by lung, breast, or ovarian cancers. I know Bill's was intestinal. . .I'm not saying you're wrong, but I doubt this is his situation.

• 2 weeks later...
i tried to purchase a groove sharpener from him.. after 4 weeks..no GS. so i file dispute and get refunded..

this was about 2 months ago..

i got the same hospital excuse, but what irked me was that someone kept placing ads on ebay for hilltop.. it didnt add up.. i suggest no 1 doing business with this dude..

Note: This thread is 5509 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!