IGNORED

Artificial Putting Green

Note: This thread is 5485 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have one. I bought it for $12 at a thrift store. I set it up in January after the Christmas tree comes down.

I really think it helps after a few months of winter layoff. I know I hole more putts the day I put it away, than I hole the day I put it up. I pack it away when I'm leaving on my annual Myrtle beach trip.

Plus, whenever folks come over and it's up, they just can't resist putting a few. The record is 26 in a row by a 14 year old girl who never golfed. My personal record is 16. WTF????

Long story short, I think they're an excellent training aid.

http://bigmoss.com/original-putting-green.html

I have one of these and absolutely LOVE it. had on of the cheaper ones for 2 minutes before I stuck it back in the box and got my $20 back (the one from Wal-Mart is almost the same without Hank's name on it). The "turf" is a ~1/8" thick green velvet type stuff which does not in any way stay in place. Most of the plastic bases are made out of the same stuff they make Halloween masks out of - I just could not tolerate it.

I got the Big Moss one off eBay for $82.00 shipped - best $82 I've spent on golf and I won't have to buy another one until I just want a bigger green. Comes with a cheap little chipping mat I use WAY more than I thought I would. It's fast (11-12 stimp or something) but if you want to slow it down you can brush the chipping mat against the "grain" and it changes the speed (it won't stay that way though, it's fast again in 30 minutes or so).

Given the difference in longevity, the "quality" of practice, and the convenience of the stable base you can move around on (without it sticking to your socks/shoes and lifting/creasing), I think the putting game deserves the bangin' practice green.
In the bag:
905R 9.5° - UST ProForce V2 65R
909F2 15.5° Titleist Diamana 75
909H 19° Titleist Diamana 80
Zing 2 3-PW Vokey SM48.08 @ 51° Vokey SM56.11 Unitized Leo

Note: This thread is 5485 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!