IGNORED

Destin, Fl Courses

fdv
Note: This thread is 5461 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I will be in Destin Florida for the week of thanksgiving and would like to play golf sometime during the week.

Are there and cheap courses or short courses (either par 3 or 9 hole course) in the area to try out. I doesn't have to be the best course just something with decent greens to have fun on.

Thanks in advance.

If you don't mind driving over the Panama City, Signal Hill is cheap, short and pretty fun. Typical FL municipal style course.

I played Kelly Plantation in Destin back in June. It's a private course. Nicest I've played but very tough. Fun though. Huge greens and one hole goes right along the sound.

Destin's a pretty ritzy place so it may be tough to find one for cheap. There's a several resort courses there though.

This is also off season so you should be able to get a good rate.

Kevin

-------
In the Bag
Driver: G15 9.0*3 & 5 Wood: BurnerHybrid: Pro Gold 20*; 23*Irons: MP-58 (5-PW)Wedges: Vokey Spin Milled 52*8; 56*14Putter: Newport 2.0 33"Balls: NXT

There is crappy place called Golf Garden. Waste of time and money. Take the extra time and go to a real course. You can get some good rates at Baytowne/Raven or Regatta Bay these days.

In the Sasquatch Tour Stand Bag

L4V 9* Fujikura Rombax Z 6Z08
S9-1 Pro 15* Matrix OZIK X-Con
Baffler Pro 21* Golfsmith P2 irons - 4-PW True Temper Dynamic Gold X100 CG14 Chrome Wedges Dynamic Gold X100 52* 56* 60* Rossa Monza SpiderBall - TP Red

• 2 weeks later...
If you don't mind driving across the bay and you have to pay a toll but, Bluewater Bay is a decent place for not that much I would image that time of year it would be pretty cheap. It has four different nines instead of two eighteens. I personally like the Lake and Marsh courses the best but the magnolia is not to bad.

Home course: www.tupelocountryclub.org

The Eglin AFB course is outstanding for the money. Many military courses have been opened to civilians in the past 5 years so there's a better than even chance you'll be able to get on to play it. Dig around on the site or call the pro shop for the answer. You can't get a better 36 holes for the price.

Ben Hogan is my swing coach.

Driver: Burner TP
3 & 5 Woods: No-name
3H:No-name4i-PW: MP-32...unapologetically...You should try blades, too56*: CG12Putter: Spider

Note: This thread is 5461 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!