IGNORED

17* or 19* hybrid?

Chubbs
Note: This thread is 5259 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Probably doesn't apply to everyone, but my friend was hooking this hybrid horribly, and we figured out he was standing too far away from the ball. I guess looking down at the club, unconsciously you think you're hitting a wood, so you can really rip at it if you want to try. But once he mentally prepared himself for hitting a "long iron", he smoothed his tempo, stood very slightly closer to the ball, and went right down the middle.

Bag: Lightweight Stand Bag
Driver: G15 9º
Fairway: 909F2 15º
Hybrid: 909H 19º
Irons:  AP2 710Wedges: CG10 56º, Vokey SM 52º, 60ºPutter: Karsten Anser 34"

Hard to say. But id probably go with the 19 for you. Its probably a more versatile loft and you wouldnt have any overlapping issues with your 3 wood. If youre inconsistant with your 3i, then the 19 could also double as a "safe club" from 200-215, based on how far you say you hit.

I agree. I have similar numbers. I can hit my 3w 250, even 260+, but I average about 240 with it, and I hit my 4i 190-200, depending on how much I attack it. I have the 585h 19* and it's my "safe" club to replace the 3i, but I can also dial it up to 220-225 off the deck and replace my 5w, though with less accuracy. Off the tee I've put it to 250, and have lately been averaging 235-240, which has been really helping my scoring lately, as my fairway percentage is much higher with that than my 3w or driver, and on a par 4 380yds or less, I can still get into 8i range just with the hybrid.

Overall I'm very happy with my 19* titleist hybrid essentially replacing both my 3i and my 5w!

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I agree. I have similar numbers. I can hit my 3w 250, even 260+, but I average about 240 with it, and I hit my 4i 190-200, depending on how much I attack it. I have the 585h 19* and it's my "safe" club to replace the 3i, but I can also dial it up to 220-225 off the deck and replace my 5w, though with less accuracy. Off the tee I've put it to 250, and have lately been averaging 235-240, which has been really helping my scoring lately, as my fairway percentage is much higher with that than my 3w or driver, and on a par 4 380yds or less, I can still get into 8i range just with the hybrid.

Perfect, exactly what I am looking for. Thanks for the info, mdl!

Bag: Lightweight Stand Bag
Driver: G15 9º
Fairway: 909F2 15º
Hybrid: 909H 19º
Irons:  AP2 710Wedges: CG10 56º, Vokey SM 52º, 60ºPutter: Karsten Anser 34"

here's a question: i bought a 909H 19 deg 2 months ago and love it.. i use it off the tee and more recently off the fairway. off the tee i get an easy 215-220 metres carry and off the fairway i get at least 200. i am thinking about getting the 17 degree in place of my 3w .. and just not having a 3w at all. the hybrid is so much easier to hit and much, much more forgiving. my real question is (and it's a bit of a dumb question sorry) roughly how much further would a 17 deg carry on my 19 degree?? it's got to be 20 metres at the very least to do this. at present i have an old, old callaway warbird 3 wood which i need to replace either way.

I found out I have to be very smooth with my hybrid to not hook it I think that fast swing speed is a killer with these club's ( for me any way) besides a smooth swing will put the ball out there a long ways I love these club's when I can control my tempo go with the 19* it will fill the gap perfectly plus they come out of rough and bunkers better than long irons.

Lefty your not kidding about the hooks with hybrids! Does anyone know why that is?

Mizuno mp 630 9.5 Mitsubishi Fubuki stiff
Taylormade R7 RE*AX 55g Stiff
Taylomade Rescue mid 19* Light metals 95g
Mizuno MX25 4 -52*Gap True Temper Dynalite S/L
Mizuno MP-T 56* / 60*Odyssey White Hot Tour # 1

Note: This thread is 5259 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!