IGNORED

Nike sneaking in my bag

Note: This thread is 4390 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have never been a fan of Nike golf equipment. Partly because of a terrible time I had with a Machspeed driver I didn't like and partly because I jumped on the bandwagon with the Nike hate. My pure ignorance. About 4 months ago I tried out a method 001 putter. It's a fantastic putter and I'm more consistent with it than I am with my Cameron, Bettinardi or Sizemore. I also replaced my wedges a month ago with a 54 and 58 VR Pro. While I don't find them to be amazing, they are a good wedge and fit my game well. Now the reason for this post. The 20xi x ball. This Nike ball is amazing. Low spin off of the driver, plenty of spin on irons. I have played 3 rounds with them and I couldn't be happier with its performance. The only downfall is it does feel harsh on an iron mis hit. When it comes to putting, it's another solid performer. My primary ball has been the Pro V1X. When I compare the 2, I get more distance, better spin and more consistent putting with the 20xi x. Kind of scary. Nike creeping in the bag and all. :-)

Titleist 909D2 Driver,   Adams F11 3 wood,    Adams Pro Gold 3 hybrid,   ,

Mizuno JPX 800 Pros w/ KBS Tour stiff  4 - GW,   Nike VR Pro 54 & 58 Wedges, Nike Method 001 Putter,

Nike 20XI X ball in an Titleist Lightweight stand bag.

I've been reading a lot of these Nike "epiphany" stories lately.  I have never played Nike wedges and I don't play tour balls so I've always never played the 20XI-x balls, but the Nike products I do have in my bad are irreplaceable.

I couldn't agree more about the Method putter.  My SC Newport doesn't come close in terms of feel and distance control.  My Nike driver and Method putter are my two favorite clubs by far.

nike.gif  VR-S Covert 10.5*

nike.gif  SQ2 15*

Idea Black Hybrid, 19*

mizuno.gif  MP54, 4-PW

vokey.gif SM 50*, 54*, 58*

nike.gif  Method 001

nike.gif  RZN One

I've been a Ping guy for pretty much my whole life.  The Nike VR line caught my eye.

I started with the VR Pro Cavity Irons.  Love.  Everything has since been replaced.

I am not a huge fan of the 20Xi-X, however. A bit firmer than I like.

• 4 weeks later...

After demoing a few sets locally, I couldn't believe how well I hit Nike irons. I never thought I'd go back to blades but after a few rounds and range sessions I just switched from Ping Eye 2s/Vokeys to Nike Forged Blades and Wedges. I couldn't be happier, they're phenomenal clubs. Fitting starts tomorrow morning.

Driver:  S3 White Limited Edition 10.5* w/Aldila RIP Beta 65

3 Wood:  Burner 15*

Irons:  Forged Blades 3-9

Wedges:  SV 48, 52, 56, and 60

Putter:  Studio Newport

Ball: Pro V1

Bag: 

Yeah I've read a bunch of these Nike A-ha moments lately also. I've read the new Nike line is even better. Apparently they are gonna FINALLY offer a quality aftermarket shaft off the rack in their drivers this year.

Ron :nike: GOLF Embracing my Angry Black Male :mad:

Note: This thread is 4390 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!