IGNORED

Chicago Golfers

TimG3394
Note: This thread is 3887 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

jlt, they are calling for a chance of rain tomorrow.  I am not cancelling, but I think we should be preparred to make a game time decision based on the weather.

The weather right now looks to be upper 40's windy at tee oof and scattered showers warming up to low 60's by the back side tomorrow.

What are your thoughts?

FYI - I played yesterday, and if I can't figure out the problem with my swing, I would warm up the vocal cords and be preparred to yell "FORE!" alot :(

In my bag:

some golf clubs

a few golf balls

a bag of tee's some already broken the rest soon to be

a snickers wrapper (if you have seen me play, you would know you are not going anywhere for a while)

and an empty bottle of water

Hey Clearwater i'll be hitting up the driving range tonight if you want some help with the swing for the weekend.. would be cool to meet some of the members from the forum

Originally Posted by damnitdave

Hey Clearwater i'll be hitting up the driving range tonight if you want some help with the swing for the weekend.. would be cool to meet some of the members from the forum

Dave,

Which range are you going to?  What time are you planning on going?

In my bag:

some golf clubs

a few golf balls

a snickers wrapper (if you have seen me play, you would know you are not going anywhere for a while)

jlt, they are calling for a chance of rain tomorrow.  I am not cancelling, but I think we should be preparred to make a game time decision based on the weather.  The weather right now looks to be upper 40's windy at tee oof and scattered showers warming up to low 60's by the back side tomorrow.  What are your thoughts?  FYI - I played yesterday, and if I can't figure out the problem with my swing, I would warm up the vocal cords and be preparred to yell "FORE!" alot :(

I'm still in. If it rains we can figure something out

Driver:    SLDR TP 9.5* (Tour AD DI 6S)

Wood:   Jetspeed 3W (Aldilia RIP Alpha) & SLDR 5W (Diamana Kai'li)

Hybrids: Rescue 11 3H (18*) & Rescue 11 4H (21*)

Irons:     Rocketbladez Tour 4-PW

Wedge:   ATV 52* & 58*

Putter:   Bettinardi Signature 6

Originally Posted by jlt73

I'm still in. If it rains we can figure something out

sounds good, see you then.  I will see you tomorrow morning.

In my bag:

some golf clubs

a few golf balls

Originally Posted by damnitdave

Which one would you wanna meet up at... i try to stay away from diversey cause of the crappy mats... i usually goto skokie or Des Plaines golf center

I live down south, and typically end up at Fresh Meadows (which SUCKS), Oak brook (which isn't open yet) and Top Golf (which is alot of fun but expensive) I have never been to Skokie or Des Plaines.  I am more than willing to travel to meet other members of TST.

That being said, I just had a conference call spring onto my calendar that starts at 6pm tonight, so I don't think I would be able to make it regardless.  I do appreciate the offer and would appreciate a raincheck if you are willing to try for another day.

In my bag:

some golf clubs

a few golf balls

Recap from the first "Chicago golfers tst gathering" I met up with jlt73 and the two of us played meadows golf course in blue island, il. The course was a lot of fun. Had something for everybody, 400+ yard par 4s, blind tee shots, water carry tee shots, etc. We had a lot of fun, and I shot a very unofficial 91 (44/47) which considering the severe winds I am very happy with. I look forward to the opportunity to play with Joe again, and hopefully more of you are able to join us next time we get together.

In my bag:

some golf clubs

a few golf balls

It was a ton of fun. Chris is a really nice guy. I shot 96 (51/45). The wind was crazy! I nutted my 3 wood and the wind said no way. I had a total distance of about 130 yards. Hopefully more people come out. Its always a pleasure to meet fellow golf nuts!

So as I mentioned earlier, I'm going to be in Chicago in May and think I'm going to head out to play Cog Hill Dubsdread.

Not cheap, but I need to take every chance I get to start crossing off some of the Top 100 Public Courses.

Anyone interested in playing on Monday the 6th or Tuesday the 7th?

Glad to see some of us got out together! I played Sportsmans in Northbrook yesterday with some family. Would love to get out with some TST folks around the area! Tapatalking, sorry for typos and autocorrect.

Driver: :tmade: R11 9.0 - Bassara Griffin UL - Tour Stiff 3-wood: :tmade: R11 Ti 15.0 - JAVLNFX M6 - Stiff Hybrid: :tmade: Rescue Hybrid - JAVLNFX Hybrid - Stiff 4-PW: :mizuno: JPX 800 PRO - Nippon 1150 GH Tour - Stiff Wedges: :edel: 50/56/60 - Nippon WV 125 Putter/Ball/RF: :edel: / :bridgestone: B330 / :leupold: GX-3i

Nice... love sportsmans when its summer time, greens are fast and course plays pretty difficult... i played Buffalo Grove on Sunday... greens were bumpy as hell.. ended up shooting 4 over

Just caught this one 4 pages in. Unfortunately I have to work 3 Saturdays a month.

A day most normal people have off. I do have Sundays available.

I'll try to keep on eye on the thread.

Sam

Driver: X460 tour- 9.5*
3-wood: 3+ - 13*
Hybrid: BB HW 20*
Hybrid: 24*
Irons: X-20 Uniflex SteelWedges: Colonial 56* & 60*Putter: XG SabertoothBall: GPS-8âIf you are caught on a golf course during a storm and are afraid of lightning, hold up a 1-iron. Not even God...

Anyone interested in playing this Saturday?

Originally Posted by sam004

Just caught this one 4 pages in. Unfortunately I have to work 3 Saturdays a month.

A day most normal people have off. I do have Sundays available.

I'll try to keep on eye on the thread.

Sam

Sam,

I suggest perhaps posting up like Joe did the Monday preceding the Saturday you are interested and see who is interested.

Originally Posted by jlt73

Anyone interested in playing this Saturday?

Joe, I can't make it this weekend, I have other obligations.

In my bag:

some golf clubs

a few golf balls

I found this website a few weeks ago when I was trying to pick a course that was friendly for everybody in terms of distance.  The website works very simple.  you put in addresses / cities that people live in (neighborhoods in Chicago work if the name is recognized by google maps as a place) and it will plot the center point for every person entered.

With this information, you can swing over to google maps, type Golf courses near: and the lat / longitude location and get a selection of courses that are nearest as possible to the middle point of the group.

JLT and I played a few weeks back, and we live roughly 60 miies away, and neither of us knew about any courses that would be 1/2 between the two of us.  It took 15 minutes or so, but I was able to find a municipal course that was affordable and roughly 1/2 way between us.

http://www.geomidpoint.com/

In my bag:

some golf clubs

a few golf balls

Can't make it this Saturday. Let's keep trying to get a group together every week though!

Driver: :tmade: R11 9.0 - Bassara Griffin UL - Tour Stiff 3-wood: :tmade: R11 Ti 15.0 - JAVLNFX M6 - Stiff Hybrid: :tmade: Rescue Hybrid - JAVLNFX Hybrid - Stiff 4-PW: :mizuno: JPX 800 PRO - Nippon 1150 GH Tour - Stiff Wedges: :edel: 50/56/60 - Nippon WV 125 Putter/Ball/RF: :edel: / :bridgestone: B330 / :leupold: GX-3i

Note: This thread is 3887 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!