IGNORED

New golfer in South Florida.

ccotton
Note: This thread is 4149 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So I'm new. With being new we have to brag a bit. I have been ro a driving range maybe 11 times. I am addicted. I want to be a good golfer because I tend to be very good at whatever I do. Bragging time :). I hit the ball at a range with limited flight balls 310 yards to the fence. Mostly all straight. So I took it further and got 2 dozen v1 pros. I took them to a huge pasture for cattle and wacked away. The grass was tall and my drivers are kimd of crappy. But with my gps I did hit 980 ft with no roll because of the grass into the slight wind. I couldn't hit with the wind because of the cattle. I was told this is good and I need work. My first search led to you guys. Ive watched your form all week and decided to be active now. I apparently cast terribly. So my question is will I actually gain that much if I fix it? Being an overall athletic person I'd like to know from others how much can you improve on your natural swing strength. Is it like throwing where naturally you're already at 90% of your potential? Lastly, am I in the right place or are there other forums geared towards people looking for basically imcreasing driver distance? Don't get me wrong I want to golf too. However I really want to see what I can actually get with practice. I know the big drivers are hitting almost 500 yards. But I think their tool arsenal is far more stocked than mine. I basically have the Ethiopian golf kit so far.

Note: This thread is 4149 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!