• Announcements

• iacas

Introducing TST "Clubs!"   08/28/2017

No, we're not getting into the equipment business, but we do have "clubs" here on TST now. Groups. Check them out here:
Sign in to follow this  
grattos

How do I add my clubs and equipment to my profile?

grattos    0
Hello Very new and very perplexed I've looked everywhere for the section to put my clubs and stuff in like everyone else It's probably right in front of me! Help. Please!

Motown88    9
If I remember correctly you have to be a member for 1 or 2 weeks and have a minimum of 10 posts...I'll look for the actual post that says this and get back toyou shortly

Originally Posted by Motown88

If I remember correctly you have to be a member for 1 or 2 weeks and have a minimum of 10 posts...I'll look for the actual post that says this and get back toyou shortly

Yep, gotta get that post count up.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

grattos    0
Thanks everyone Hey what a cool incentive for everyone to get involved I always say I'm too busy, work, family blah blah but bugger it, I'm going to have some me time! Are there other options that open up after extended use Ps Glad I'm not putting on those Muirfield greens, they're diabolical!!

Motown88    9
Are there other options that open up after extended use

Ps

Glad I'm not putting on those Muirfield greens, they're diabolical!!

The only other thing that you'll gain by posting a lot is learning a bit about a golf. There are a lot of people on this forum that have a lot to offer.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• 2017 TST Partners

Talamore Golf Resort
    PING Golf
    FlightScope Mevo
    Mission Belt
    Snell Golf
    Frogger Golf
    PitchFix USA
    • Not sure if we disagree on any point, was just agreeing it becomes more mental as you get better.  I've played a lot of sports in my life, tennis seriously through high school and competed d1 in college (for those that will accept this as I was a runner).  And even in running, it's hard for me to say that mental game was not of paramount importance when in competition. Agree that if you didn't get your body to the physical state (including muscle memory) to compete, you were already out... but I've personally witnessed (myself, opponents, teammates) so many fails/losses due to the mental game it's hard for me to completely discount it w/ a clear conscience.  And I'm not just talking any-given-sunday... but over seasons as well.
    • You guys are lucky.  I actually enjoy practicing.  Chipping and Putting games etc.  I don't mind hitting the same club over and over and workin on things.  I just have ZERO time now to practice.. lol  My time is now hitting into my net for 20 minutes or so or chipping balls into a hula hoop working on distance control.  Maybe once a week away from the house
    • To the OP.... I'm just as you are, kinda of torn between yes they should change it & no keep it the same..but I say keep it the way it is. My reason is the 2nd part of your answer in your original question, for me it wouldn't be exciting to see the 29th or 30th ranked guy win & thus be rewarded for 1 great weekend & that being the last in the Tour Championship, when it's a great possibility he didn't even win a tournament all season. I can live with it being the way it is, after all nothing in life is perfect so all we can do is go with what makes it the closest to the best, and it is imho.
    • John Daly never won the Masters. And he was having problems well before he won the PGA… or the British Open. Golf is almost entirely physical. You have to be world-class physically before your mental game can even matter. If you're not world class physically, you'll never even GET to the PGA Tour. And you need to be a 6.5-index physically before you shoot like a 6.5 index. If you blow up in tournaments, yeah, you've got some mental work to do… but you're still a 6.5 index because of how you swing and hit the ball and putt and chip, etc. Between peers, the mental game is a sliver of a separator. But sometimes at the highest level that's all it takes. Other times, you can be so good physically (see also Dustin Johnson) that you can be a stooge and still win.
    • I admit, it's mostly a memory from me, but I'll ask my Dad his name to google him.  But the thought still remains, aren't there a lot of guys that can routinely throw up mid sixties in tournament conditions on varied courses, but still can't ever get anything going on the Web.com? Maybe the guy I am recalling was a head case, but my guess would have been there's a crapload of these same head cases that are trying to qualify for either the web.com or pga. Is John Daly's success and problems physical or mental?  I'm thinking particularly after he won the masters.
  • TST Blog Entries

• Blog Entries

• Today's Birthdays

1. CoachB25
      CoachB25
      (60 years old)
    2. Fsgolfer
      Fsgolfer
      (61 years old)
    3. Zach
      Zach
      (27 years old)