IGNORED

Forged vs cast for "the injured"

delgue
Note: This thread is 3809 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi, after visiting this site for quite a while and truly appreciating the gathering of knowledge, I decided to join and ask for some advice. I hope for some feedback about forged vs cast with regards to an injury I have. To narrow the important stuff: I am looking for a game improvement iron with little to no offset and I am concerned that a forged iron may "punish" my elbow on miss hits. I tend to hit out on the toe when I miss. For me graphite doesn't seem to matter and actually my current callaway x20 tours with px 6.0 do not hurt me. But yet my ping i3 with regular cushin did....go figure. I'm looking for a new club head with probably kbs 90 reg. flex. And I'm thinking mizuno mpx pro, adams a4 or cb2-3, or taylor r9 tp. Less offset the better. Surprisingly, living on cape cod there's really no place near to try out some of this stuff. Just wondering if the new forged cavity backs will "beat up" my elbow like my old blades do vs cast cavity backs. I just can't use the blades anymore on account of my "misses". Any comments are greatly appreciated. Thanks

All gi and sgi irons have offset but you will be able to adjust easily after a bucket on the range. I wont play players irons because Ive grown accustom to gi irons which are forged cavity backs (Adams CB 3s) and the offset is progressive.

In the :ogio: Cart Bag :cleve: Launcher 9.5° Stiff :dunlop: 15° 3W Stiff :wilson_staff: D100 / 19 & 22° Hybrids Stiff :adams: CB3 Irons 4-GW Steel :adams: A7OS 54.5° SW :nike: 60/06 V Red LW :cobra: 35" Face Balanced Mallet Putter

Note: This thread is 3809 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!