IGNORED

Bioshock (PC & Xbox 360)

Guest ShadowXOR
Note: This thread is 6097 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Guest ShadowXOR
A demo was released on Xbox Live last night and the PC demo will be coming this month. It is the best FPS I have ever played... It releases on August 21...I pre-ordered the Limited Edition. Basically it is a horror FPS game with RPG elements. The graphics are amazing, sounds, environments, EVERYTHING. It is something to truly savor. I am so hyped...

Here's a screenshot:

http://www.2kgames.com/cultofrapture...ots/xdack1.jpg

I remember seeing a short video of some Bioshock gameplay and being absolutely stunned by everything I saw. The thing that stuck out most to me was the unbelievable water effects. If I make enough money to finish building my gaming computer this fall I’ll be buying it for sure.

Guest ShadowXOR
If anyone here has played System Shock 2, this is made by the same people and kind of a sequel in a way. They don't have rights to the series anymore so they made something completely new.

I watched my friend play this on his 360 tonight. This + Tiger Woods 2008 + Assassin's Creed coming later this year might be enough to get me to spend the few hundred bucks to get an Xbox 360.

Driver: SasQuatch 10.5°, Stiff Flex
Woods: Grand Slam 3-wood & 5-wood
Irons: TPS 7.0 3I-PW
Wedges: 56° sand wedge & 60° lob wedge
Putter: White Hot #6

A little off subject, but speaking of Tiger Woods 08, I want to pick this up when I get the new game. Right now, it's available for PC and PS, but it's being created for Xbox as we speak.

http://www.golfsmith.com/products/243646

Driver: Titleist 907D1
3W: 906F2 15
5W: Cobra SZ HS
Hybrid: Cobra Baffler 21
Irons: Taylormade Rac LT2 Wedges: Vokey SM 52 + 56 Putter: Some old piece of crap

Guest ShadowXOR
A little off subject, but speaking of Tiger Woods 08, I want to pick this up when I get the new game. Right now, it's available for PC and PS, but it's being created for Xbox as we speak.

I've never liked the Tiger Woods games. My absolute favorite is Hot Shots Golf, too bad I don't like the PS3 (but I had all of them for PS2). The Mario Golf series is fun as well but I prefer Hot Shots. Neither are realistic like I imagine Tiger mostly is but I find Hot Shots far funner...

I had a blast all last year playing Tiger Woods '07 for the 360 with my roommate. We would co-op two-on-two best ball matches against a pair of "Sunday Tigers"

The game I can't wait to see come out for the 360 is Mass Effect.

i play tiger woods 2004 for ps2 in my sleep. My character drives 400+ consistently.

Usually use NXT Extreme's or HX Hot's
Soon to be Home Track : Grey Silo GC (71.5 / 128)

Looks like BioShock has done a really good job of pissing PC people off recently...what with the widescreen compatability problems and the software protection. Only two installs ever? What a joke if it's true.

Guest ShadowXOR
Looks like BioShock has done a really good job of pissing PC people off recently...what with the widescreen compatability problems and the software protection. Only two installs ever? What a joke if it's true.

It is an amazing game, but I got it for 360 so I avoided all of these problems.

It does use a lame form of security, yes, but it is worth playing. Basically when you install it you use up one install, if you uninstall it, it gives that install back. So technically you can have it installed on two machines at once, and you can uninstall it to earn those installs back. If you use both your installs and your computer both break before you can uninstall you just call the company and they will give you a manually override code. Is it a pain? Sure. Is it necessary? I don't think so, but it isn't a reason to pass this game up. The widescreen issues are overblown. I didn't notice until someone pointed it out and it still doesn't bother me. Basically the widescreen is fine, but they shrunk the 4:3 image to include all widescreen content, and instead of having black bars at the top and bottom they just gave the top and bottom additional screen real estate. They wanted everyone to have access to all of the horizontal information, but didn't want anyone playing on any TV to have black bars. Basically you could consider the widescreen mode normal, while 4:3 mode gets all the view of the widescreen, in addition to more vertical viewing. Since they did the 4:3 so strangely people thing the widescreen is wrong, when in actually they just did the 4:3 unlike any company has done before. So basically the 4:3 mode is kind of "zoomed out" while the widescreen mode is played as intended. It is much smaller and shrunken down in 4:3 since it has so much on screen, they designed the game in widescreen and that is how all of the developers play it. Both of the above "problems" are mainly issues of ignorance on how technology works. The widescreen is fine, and the activation would be fine if it worked properly but I hear people are having issues. The game is 100% golden on 360 and is fine on PC as well as long as you have the rig to run it. Every game has issues but this game is amazing, I'm loving it. I'm playing it on a 52" HDTV in 720p by the way. It is the second best game of all time on GameRankings now, and I say with good reason!

Note: This thread is 6097 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!