IGNORED

Vacation in Mass

Abu3baid
Note: This thread is 2856 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Start by visiting Joe & Leighs in Bridgewater for clubs and fitting.  They have a great fitting facility and have some of the best pros that can put you together with the right clubs.  I've been going there for years and have never found more knowledgeable people.  You won't regret it.

Golf - head to the Cape for some great places to play (and I'd also include just above the canal in Plymouth as well).  Captains, Cranberry Valley, Bayberry, Olde Barnstable, Pine Hills are just a few worth checking out.  And you could also try Granite Links in Quincy (best views of the Boston skyline).  That should get you started.  With 30 days to play you could visit all the good courses around the area (I'm envious).  Have fun.

Start by visiting Joe & Leighs in Bridgewater for clubs and fitting.  They have a great fitting facility and have some of the best pros that can put you together with the right clubs.  I've been going there for years and have never found more knowledgeable people.  You won't regret it.

Golf - head to the Cape for some great places to play (and I'd also include just above the canal in Plymouth as well).  Captains, Cranberry Valley, Bayberry, Olde Barnstable, Pine Hills are just a few worth checking out.  And you could also try Granite Links in Quincy (best views of the Boston skyline).  That should get you started.  With 30 days to play you could visit all the good courses around the area (I'm envious).  Have fun.

Thanks for the advice.. you are actually the second person to tell me about them.  Someone I met playing at the Braintree Muni last year during my vacation told me about them, but I never had time to visit.

It won't be quite 30 days because I will need to spend a lot of time showing the family around, however if I don' get lazy I should be able to visit many different courses indeed!  I will be practicing in Atlantic since it is only a few minutes away from me.

Thanks for the recommendations, I will will look into those courses.

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

I have been doing some research, and I went back to the 5sk.com site and I found Joe Mcnulty based out of cape cod and probably around 20 minutes from where I will be staying in Plymouth mass.

I don't remember seeing his name last year, so I'm going to assume that he is new to the 5sk family.  I went through his website, and some of it seems to still be under construction, but it seems to me that I have made up my mind and I will go and see him for at least 1 lesson, and then maybe another if everything works out.

1/2 hour I'm assuming would be more than enough time for him to see my swing, identify my priority (I pretty much know what it is, but I'm going to leave it up to him) and then show me how to work on it and then watch me practice before time is up.  I will try and get to him the first weekend I am there, so that I can have 2 weeks of practice before potentially going back to him.

His site is http://www.joemcnultygolf.com/

Things couldn't have worked out any better for me before actually taking the trip, I'll just wait till a couple weeks before to contact him and schedule something.

Is there anything you can tell us about him @iacas?  He says all the right things in his blog!

Joe is great. Trained him at the PGA Show this year, and he went through the online course late last year as the "dip the toes in." He's quiet and thoughtful, and knowledgeable.

I'll send him a text right now.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post

Joe is great. Trained him at the PGA Show this year, and he went through the online course late last year as the "dip the toes in." He's quiet and thoughtful, and knowledgeable.

I'll send him a text right now.

Thanks Erik!  This is great.. I think as you mentioned in my swing thread before, it is about time I change that stupid picture of mine, and I think this will really help supplement the online lessons I will take with evolvr after I get back from vacation.  (p.s. just don't tell him what a pain of a student I am, let him find out for himself)

I think it is great that you guys have really expanded into Mass!

From Joe's Website

Working in front of a mirror will be a big help to match feel and look of the correct movement. Make slow motion backswings both facing a mirror and perpendicular to a mirror. Note where your head is at address and where it is at the top of your backswing. If it has moved, move it back to where it was at address while staying at the top of your backswing. Now, assume your address position and make another slow motion backswing and see if you can get into that same corrected position. I will emphasize, when making changes, start deliberately and slow. If you can’t do it in slow motion, you can’t at full speed.

Eyad

Eyad, you are clearly in great hands. But, I would be happy to take a look. Just let me know when would work for you. - Joe

Joe McNulty

5SK™ Director of Instruction, Cape Cod, MA

Driver - D3 9.5

3-Wood - SQ 15

Hybrid - 17 Adams

4-PW - 714 AP2

50, 56 & 60 - Vokeys

Putter - Scotty

Ball - Pro V1x

• 1 month later...
Getting on the plane after such s long wait :) Already scheduled my lesson after I take a day rest, and then having a BBQ afterwords with the family.. I'm cooking of course! Good way to start my vacation.

Eyad

• 7 months later...

It's right around that time of year.. I have a new CFO who is basically just taking over now and will be restructuring the whole department.. Having said that, I asked him about my vacation and he gave me the green light ;).

I just booked my tickets for July, and I can't wait.. the difference this year is that my youngest now will require her own seat on the plane, and with 5 seats we will have to manage the three kids accordingly..  

I think new irons and driver will be part of the plan, and then a few trips to see Joe..  This is exciting!

Eyad

• 5 months later...

One more week to go before we travel.. I haven't done any golf for the past few weeks since relocating, but that's not going to stop me.

initial plans are to go see Joe 3-4 times and practice every day in the morning..  I'll probably play 2-3 times per week which will be great especially if done early morning so I can spend the rest of the time with the family.

This year I'm thinking of taking them to NH (finding a golf resort hotel shouldn't be a problem) and take them hiking around there.

Im really hoping that I can take the next step, I have been able to bring my average down to 95 per round from 100+ last year, I think I can get it much lower after this visit.  

It should be an exciting trip, and will definitely look into new irons this year.

Eyad

Note: This thread is 2856 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!