IGNORED

On "Taking your Practice Swing to the Ball"

Note: This thread is 5988 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi Dave,

Yes, that is me doing one form of a drill that I do to help my backswing demons.

After reading the comments in this thread a couple things come to mind 1) I truly do not know if my practice swing is a better swing than my real one - it just doesn't have some flaws that my real one does have. 2) If proper preparation/attitude/whatever should make "practice swing execution" move in a relatively seamless manner to the golf ball, then most golf drills SHOULD take the form of "work on it with practice swings until you got it first". My personal observation and my observation of others in lesson contexts is that I/they have little problem "doing it right without the ball". 3) I've done a lot of sports - tennis, basketball, baseball, football, table tennis, and golf. If you just sent me out for two straight weeks of "just play those games all day" I can guarantee you that after those two weeks I would be playing better - EXCEPT for golf. I would probably be doing it better - but would be far from surprised if I wasn't. Similarly golf is the only sport that I have ever participated in where I can try to make some kind of move and absolutely be wrong in my own mind about whether or not I made that move. Golf seems different to me. dave

In The Bag:
- Wishon 949MC 10.5* Driver
- Wishon 525 F/D 3W
- Wishon 515 949MC 5W
- Wishon 60* Cx Micro LW- Wishon 550M SW (55*)- Wishon 550M GW bent to 50* - Wishon 550C 6i - 9i (9i bent to 45*)- Wishon 321Li 3i/4i/5i hybrids- Odyssey Two Ball Putter

I have the exact same problem. My practice swings are picture perfect and my real swings are quite different. Getting them to be identical is my next big project. I"ll let you know how I fare with this over the next two weeks that I have off, as I'll be playing every day.

TaylorMade R11S TP Blur 60 X
TayloreMade R11S TP Blur 70 X

Titleist 910H 21&24
Miura Tournament Blades 5-PW DGX100 Tour Issue
Cleveland CG16 52

Miura Black Wedge 56, 60
Newport 2 Teryllium Ten

Titleist ProV1x

Note: This thread is 5988 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!