IGNORED

Looking at Colleges.

TCCcaddie
Note: This thread is 5939 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Right now I'm a sophomore in high school and a bunch of my friends are going around and looking at colleges. I think that i should start going around and looking at some too. I'm already looking at the good schools in the Boston area: Tufts, BC, BU, U Mass-Amherst, Dartmouth, Harvard(i wish), and Bowden. My parents want me to stay close to home but i wouldn't mind a little bit of space. The furthest i have looked at is Bowden which is about 3 hours. My grades are good B+ to A- range and i'm taking an AP course this year and 2 next year.

If anyone can suggest any more colleges in New England or NY that i should look at and tryout then that'd be cool, because i have really no idea what i want to do later and my parents and guidance councilor are killing me about this. My dad works as a guidance councilor which doesn't help. I still got a long way to go but i need some help sorting through all these choices and finding good places.

Whats in my Warbird Hot Bad:

Driver: 907D1 9.5 - 65-S Aldila VS Proto --- FT-IQ coming soon?
2 Hybrid: Rescue mid-TP 16 deg
3 Hybrid: Rescue TP - HC Tour Only Model 19 deg - DG X-1004-PW: 695CB Irons - Project X 6.0Wedges Vokey SM58, Vokey SM54, Vokey 250Putter Futura PhantomWhere I WorkMy...

All good schools - they're all different though. Try to picture a place you'd be like to be in and make the school fit that profile. Big vs Small. Liberal Arts oriented vs Science oriented. Party school vs Geeks (kidding). How about Williams? Bard in NY? Good luck.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

TC-If you are serious about going to school in NY, I would suggest Columbia University. You get the best of both worlds. Dynamic city, a diversified student body, a great education and access to prominent alums in almost every industry. Plus, Barnard College is right across the street.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

I would consider somewhere in the south so you can golf all year.
-University of Texas
-Duke University
-Alabama University

basically any good state school in the south...

Undergrad doesn't matter anyway... just pick a good grad school in 6-7 more years.
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

Columbia is great-my sister is going there next year..check out Maine, and if you want a little distance, ECU is a good school with a good golf team!

driver- R580XD 9.5*
3 wood- m/speed
hybrid- cft ti 4h
irons- fp 4-gap
wedges- 54* and RAC satin 56* 12 bounceputter- 1/2 Craz-Eballs- DT Carry, e5, anything found thats is good shapeshoes-adidashome course - nothing - uh oh. perhaps pleasant view againschool...

Alright I know this is way off but take a look at College of Charleston. Charleston South Carolina that is. Amazing school, I have buddies that go there now and every time I go to visit them we have a blast. Not only is it a great school based on "extracurricular activities" it's a low key school that is building up it's reputation with a stellar business school but has always been known for it liberal arts. It's $18k out of state, but the schools your checking out are easily that.

Also a good school to check out is local here in Richmond, University of Richmond. Great I mean great business schools. The Dean of their business school is a member at the club I work at great guy. The only downfall is that is the second highest tuition in the country at $42k a year. I believe either Landmark, or GW is the highest.

Goodluck in your search, it's getting ridiculous out there.
In the bag:

Driver: 905R 9.5* NV-Stiff
Woods: (Tour Issue) 906f2 15* Speeder-Stiff
Irons: 695CBWedges: Vokey 252.08, Vokey Spin Milled 256.14Putter: Studio Stainless 2.5 (35 1/2" 350g)Ball: Pro V1x (Low #'s)

Note: This thread is 5939 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!