IGNORED

Animal Farm

Eore
Note: This thread is 5928 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

anybody else read this? we had to read the first 46 pages for english class, and i stayed up all night and read the whole book :-. is it just me or is eric arthur blair/george orwell a genius?

driver- R580XD 9.5*
3 wood- m/speed
hybrid- cft ti 4h
irons- fp 4-gap
wedges- 54* and RAC satin 56* 12 bounceputter- 1/2 Craz-Eballs- DT Carry, e5, anything found thats is good shapeshoes-adidashome course - nothing - uh oh. perhaps pleasant view againschool...

anybody else read this? we had to read the first 46 pages for english class, and i stayed up all night and read the whole book

So I take it that you are learning about the connection Orwell made with the book and his views on Soviet society and Stalinism, right?

My high school forced us to read the book also, gave us a test on the actual book itself, and never even went into any of the underlying messages and views of the book. Needless to say I had more fun my second time reading it (in college) when we got to discuss th ebook the way it was meant to be portrayed instead of a book about a pig named Napoleon .

Clubs in my Army-issued duffel-bag...

DTR Irons : 2-9
DCI Wedges : PW 48* & SW 56*
Driver : Mid-Size TP System2 9.5* Metalwood (5) 23*

Yah Orwell was a genius. I just finished Animal Farm a week ago now i am half way through 1984 and his grim outlook on the future in that book is frightening.

Ill explain most of the symbolism if you dont mind when i have it all in my mind before i am totally consumed with 1984. In Animal Farm Orwell used a sort of children's fable setting as a way to show the Communist Revolution in Russia. In the beginning of the book with Old Major explaining his ideas alludes to Karl Marx and his Communist Manifesto. Jones with his opression and eventual overthrow is representative of Tsar Nicholas II. Napoleon is used as a symbol for the Communist Party that takes over Russia but mosty a reference to Joseph Stalin. Orwell hated Communist Russia and especially the regin of Stalin that is why the chacter that he is portrayed as is the antagonist in most of Orwell's stories. Snowball represents Leon Trotsky who was for the revolution in Russia but did not support the policies and ideas of Stalin so he was expelled from the Communist policy just as Snowball was expelled from Animal Farm. At the end of the novel Orwell uses the fact that the animals were not able to recognize the pigs from the humans as a metaphor that the REvolution in Russia turned out to become the very thing that they were rebelling against.

Whats in my Warbird Hot Bad:

Driver: 907D1 9.5 - 65-S Aldila VS Proto --- FT-IQ coming soon?
2 Hybrid: Rescue mid-TP 16 deg
3 Hybrid: Rescue TP - HC Tour Only Model 19 deg - DG X-1004-PW: 695CB Irons - Project X 6.0Wedges Vokey SM58, Vokey SM54, Vokey 250Putter Futura PhantomWhere I WorkMy...

So I take it that you are learning about the connection Orwell made with the book and his views on Soviet society and Stalinism, right?.

yeah. the school let me take literature analysis this year, so this was explained to us....also, in my social studies class, we are learning about people like locke, and the topics are similar.

driver- R580XD 9.5*
3 wood- m/speed
hybrid- cft ti 4h
irons- fp 4-gap
wedges- 54* and RAC satin 56* 12 bounceputter- 1/2 Craz-Eballs- DT Carry, e5, anything found thats is good shapeshoes-adidashome course - nothing - uh oh. perhaps pleasant view againschool...

I read both of those books last year, in 8th grade, and to tell you the truth I didn't like either book at all, guess it just wasn't for me.

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

I read both of those books last year, in 8th grade, and to tell you the truth I didn't like either book at all, guess it just wasn't for me.

I was reading Nietchze and David Hume when I was 9...

*shrug* To each their own.

Clubs in my Army-issued duffel-bag...

DTR Irons : 2-9
DCI Wedges : PW 48* & SW 56*
Driver : Mid-Size TP System2 9.5* Metalwood (5) 23*

1984 is one of the best books I've ever read -

In the Bag:

- R7 460 - Driver
- R7 st - 3 Wood
- Baffler Dws - Hybrid - 4-Pw-CG-4 - Irons - 54 - CG-11/ 58+60 - CG 10 - Wedges - Rosa Mezza Monza - Putter NXT or Noodles

while animal farm's social and political criticism is directed towards the stalinist era, its critique is universally applied to all fear and control based systems such as what is going on here in america

tap beer, not wire

peace through torture???

happy to see public schools are passing this classic onto a new generation, hopefully a generation that will put to sleep all the madness

They will beat their swords into golf clubs and their spears into putters. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Old Tom Morris 2:4

My suggestion: keep reading. Do it often and be diverse in your material. And yes, Virginia, Mr. Orwell was very bright.

shortgame85
In the Bag:
Driver: :TaylorMade: RBZ 9.5 Reg Flex
3 Wood :TaylorMade: RBZ Reg Flex
Hybrid: Ping G25 Hybrids 17*, 20*, 23*

Irons:Ping G25 5-Gap Wedge, Sr Flex, Vokey 56.14 Spin Mill NS Pro Reg, Flex

Putter: Bobby Grace Center Shaft 32"

Note: This thread is 5928 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!