• Announcements

• iacas

Create a Signature!   02/05/2016

Everyone, go here and edit your signature this week: http://thesandtrap.com/settings/signature/.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MikeRanaldo

Best warmups if you're in a rush

3 posts in this topic

Just wanted to know if you guys had any good techniques for warming up when you're short on time. whether you're running late, or you get to the course and get a tee time right away. would you prefer to stretch first? putt? take some practice swings?

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

You ever see what Miguel Angel Jiminez does on the range before he warms up?  Yoga-like stretches.  That's the best thing I've found for getting loose, then a couple of practice swings to get the feel of the swing.  Maybe a few chips (even around the tee box) to get the feel of the ball hitting the center of the clubface.  Two minutes of stretching, followed by 5-10 practice swings, going from slow to fast.  Make it quality (i.e. not just slinging a club around) and it will work.

Awards and Achievements

You ever see what Miguel Angel Jiminez does on the range before he warms up?  Yoga-like stretches.  That's the best thing I've found for getting loose, then a couple of practice swings to get the feel of the swing.  Maybe a few chips (even around the tee box) to get the feel of the ball hitting the center of the clubface.  Two minutes of stretching, followed by 5-10 practice swings, going from slow to fast.  Make it quality (i.e. not just slinging a club around) and it will work.

i haven't seen him do that, but that's what i was hoping to read. i'd rather stretch and get loose than just swing a club for 15 minutes. i try and at least putt a few times just to get a feel for my stroke