IGNORED

roger didn't have a good day on capitol hill

ganjagolfer
Note: This thread is 5925 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

full coverage if you want to read it

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/...ional_hearings

before today, i was "innocent before proven guilty" but after today, he's not looking too clean

They will beat their swords into golf clubs and their spears into putters. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Old Tom Morris 2:4

There were two things that I just found to be incredulous:

1) His wife used HGH. She also was suffering from "circulation problems" as a result and they did not call a doctor. Additionally, McNamee gave her this shot in her bedroom WITHOUT Clemens being present. Can you find me one man, just one, that would leave his wife alone in their bedroom with another man?

2) His Nanny. They were so close they had not seen or spoken to her in seven years. Why would Clemens need to speak with her? Witness tampering?

I am amazed that his so-called "best friend" admits to using HGH, his other teammate admits to doing the same and so does his wife. Three people corroborate Brian McNamee's story but Clemens is innocent?

Arrogance is a dangerous thing.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

These were the same points that really bugged me today. Additionally, Clemens flip flopping on whether he knew that the Mitchell report would include negative information about him. He didn't know about it. . . UNTIL asked twice by the oversight committee, then suddenly he did, but couldn't remember how early. . .

Clemens is working overtime to show how open and up front he is, but WHERE WAS HE for, was it THREE days, when the Mitchell report came out?? No openness then, or up front behavior. Obviously McNamee is a drug dealer who sold out. No respect for him, and hopefully he will do some hard time. I hope that A-Rod is able to eclipse many many records, especially Bond's home run record. If he does, and stays clean, it could renew positive feeling for Major League Baseball, which is sorely needed.

there is also the time-line contradiction with it being his wife's use of hgh

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/story?id=3244547 "Did the hearing produce any evidence that could cause problems for Roger Clemens? Yes. Clemens and his team of lawyers and crisis management experts should worry about two developments in the hearing. First, Clemens had no solid answer for the devastating testimony and written statement from Andy Pettitte. Not only did Pettitte corroborate McNamee's testimony about Pettitte's use of HGH, he also established a chronology on Clemens' statements about HGH that could lead to a perjury charge. Responding to Pettitte's assertion that Clemens told him he used HGH, Clemens insisted on several occasions during Wednesday's hearing that Pettitte had "misunderstood" him. He suggested that the subject of the Pettitte-Clemens conversation was the use of HGH by Clemens' wife. Clemens even tried to interrupt committee chairman Henry Waxman to repeat his claim at the end of the hearing, and Waxman gaveled him into angry silence. The problem for Clemens is that Debbie Clemens' use of HGH came two years after Clemens' conversation with Pettitte. And, as Waxman explained, that means Clemens "made untrue statements in his deposition [sworn testimony to the committee last week]." Second, Clemens and his legal team blundered into the possibility of a charge of tampering with a witness. The potential charge could stem from their handling of a committee request for information about a woman who once served as a Clemens family nanny. (The committee staff requested the woman's contact information last week.) The committee wanted to ask her about a barbecue luncheon at Jose Canseco's house in Miami in June 1998, and whether Clemens attended the party. The protocol for producing a witness requires that a lawyer, or an investigator for the lawyer, contact a witness and send their information to the committee. Instead of following the protocol, Clemens called the former nanny personally and invited her to his home for a meeting on Sunday. We do not yet have the entire content of their conversation, but it is clear that he discussed the inquiry with her. Waxman was clearly angry that Clemens talked with the nanny before the committee's staff interviewed her and said, "At the very least, it has the appearance of impropriety."

They will beat their swords into golf clubs and their spears into putters. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Old Tom Morris 2:4

It was pretty obvious it was true since the beginning, especially since Andy Pettitte came out and told the truth.

I was horrified by the hearing though, these congressman treated both individuals terribly. Repeatably calling McNamee disgusting, drug dealer, etc was unacceptable. I believe the head guy actually apologized at the end for the others, which I respected.

Overall, this whole thing is a joke, and in the end Clemens is going to jail (which is absurd) because of this whole fiasco. Hopefully it doesn't turn out like Oz when the basketball star has to go to prison...

Driver: Tour Burner 10.5*
3 Wood: Hibore 15*
3 Hybrid: 3dx DC 20*
Irons: i5 4-PW
Gap Wedge: cg12 50*Sand Wedge: cg12 54*Putter: g5i anserIn my grom bag :)

"Obviously McNamee is a drug dealer who sold out. No respect for him, and hopefully he will do some hard time."

I would agree his is a drug dealer but I do not think he should be behind bars. He is just ratting out the cheaters. He broke the law but he is also doing something positive here.

Nike SQ 9.5 w/ ProLaunch Red
Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons
Mizuno MP 51 & 56Yes! Tracy IINike One Black

Clemens came away looking a lot worse than how he entered in my book. I am glad that there was no "A List" treatment especially after the private meetings and autograph sessions he had with staffers. The sad truth is that Clemens insisted on his day in court and ended up throwing it in the dirt.

I am so relieved that his friendship with Pettitte will be preserved (eye roll).

Regardless, I am still a Clemens fan from a sporting perspective, but again, I don't think that he really helped himself by trying to take this on.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

when he admits it, or they have enough physical evidence he did these things I'm on Clemens side, as well at Bonds, prove to me he used steroids, you can't you are only assuming he did.
What's In The Bag?

Driver - Rapture 10.5 Epic 68g X-Pure - Balance Certified
Fairway Metal - Titleist PT 18°
Irons - Mizuno MP-67 3-PW Project X 6.0 Wedges - Mizunos R Series Chrome 52°, 56°, 58° Project X 6.0 Putter - Yes! C-Groove Callie-f - Balance Certified Bag - Ping Freestyle...

when he admits it, or they have enough physical evidence he did these things I'm on Clemens side, as well at Bonds, prove to me he used steroids, you can't you are only assuming he did.

Neudi, Under oath, Bonds admitted to using both the cream and the clear. However, he is being persecuted for claiming he did not know that either was a steroid. That is the huge difference between Bonds and Clemens. Bonds had never denied using it, under oath. Clemens? Not so much. The only "loser", so far, in any of these proceedings, has been the San Francisco DA who released grand jury testimony and is now serving a 30 month sentence. If people want Bonds/Clemens and the like to give back awards, etc, should'nt Williams and Wada give back the proceeds from "Game of Shadows?" After all, they willingly participated in a crime to write this story. Congressman Burton reminded me so much of Senator Geary in "The Godfather." All he needed was to give a speech on behalf of Roger Clemens.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

I was talking about being injected for a huge boost in performance, but I also didn't realize Bonds admitted under oath to that.
What's In The Bag?

Driver - Rapture 10.5 Epic 68g X-Pure - Balance Certified
Fairway Metal - Titleist PT 18°
Irons - Mizuno MP-67 3-PW Project X 6.0 Wedges - Mizunos R Series Chrome 52°, 56°, 58° Project X 6.0 Putter - Yes! C-Groove Callie-f - Balance Certified Bag - Ping Freestyle...

And this thread...friends...shows where we are as a nation.

#1 Baseball s..ks.
#2 keep paying these guys millions upon millions, yeah...what a great product they produce for the GNP.
#3 Athletics are a joke for the most part...gives every a hole parent the hope that their kid will be the next star and allow them to sit on their dead azz and brag about "junior" instead of working a little harder.

#4 He will never be found guilty in a REAL court of law, and thus reinforces the win at any cost mentality...pathetic.

far out man...

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

Note: This thread is 5925 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!