IGNORED

Golf Club Recommendations - South London for a 35yo

Jonny
Note: This thread is 1393 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have recently moved back to London and looking to join a club, primarily to meet others, secure a decent weekend morning tee time and join in the odd competition. However, I usually find clubs to be quite inhospitable when it comes to trying to integrate. Everyone is all smiles and 'welcome' but once I join those Sunday morning roll ups or comps remain quite closed in terms of people keeping to themselves, typically the older guys stick together etc. I am a very relaxed guy, won't get stressed on the course and pretty sociable. I think I am going to try and find a course that has a healthy balance of age demographic to see if that makes things a little more welcoming. More players my age.

Does anyone have any club recommendations or recommendations in general to better integrating into a club? The alternative I am mulling over is just sticking to pay-and-play and play different courses. Sadly, that will be a bit of a lonely existence. 

Note: This thread is 1393 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!