• Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
    Optionally enter a message with your report.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• TST Partners

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    ShotScope
    The Stack System
    FlightScope Mevo
    Direct: Mevo, Mevo+, and Pro Package.

Coupon Codes (save 10-15%): "IACAS" for Mevo/Stack, "IACASPLUS" for Mevo+/Pro Package, and "THESANDTRAP" for ShotScope. 15% off TourStriker (no code).
    • Don't really want to start a new thread for this, so I will just post here.  Sedge Valley, it's a gem.    La Belle., I joined as a member this year. Before you jump on me for why since I have not been the biggest fan of it in the past, the course makes me a better golfer. It is also nice to look at in general and quiet. Member reserved tee time slots are nice as well.  
    • You don't need to build an algorithm if you can build a table with PRGR and decibel readings. I proper statistician can provide better guidance but Im guessing you need hundreds of readings for each club to establish a d decibel to speed curve.
    • Wordle 1,192 2/6 🟩⬜🟨🟨🟨 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
    • Remember that you are measuring sound, sound waves have speed that goes in all directions. The attenuation of sound at 20°C is around 3 decibels if you are 1 meter from were the sound is created. Just set a coin on the ground and swing over it towards the same direction. You are going to have just a few cm between each swing, so attenuation is not going to be a variable. Of course you are going to have different measures if you use different clubs! the idea is to use the same club and figure out how to swinging it faster to create more whoosh to get a higher decibel mark.  For location of course is better at nights were is calmer and you don't have noise from the outside.  I took the time to test it a little bit and the decibels went up and down as the PRGR also went up and down with the different swing speed I tested.  What other things you think can mess with the readings?      
    • No. You would have to be so precise with the distance and angles and what exact club you swung and the location and so so so so much.

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...