IGNORED

The disabled list...

Ben
Note: This thread is 5524 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Isnt this the exact same injury Danny Cipriani has atm, Rugby Fans anyone??

INT Grom

MP600 - UST V2 STIFF SHAFT

PT906F2 UST V2 STIFF SHAFT RESCUE DUAL MP60 Irons CG12 Wedges Redwood Anser Black SatinITS ALL GOOD!! =]

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, it was a pretty big hit I took, I went from being crouched over, head down to having my back and legs parallel to the ground 3-4 feet up. How's your ankle doing? I hope everything is going well with physical therapy and the recovery. Can you play golf or do anything golf related with the injury?

"What is best about a great victory is that it rids the victor of the fear of defeat. 'Why not also lose for once?' he says to himself; 'now I am rich enough for
that'" -Nietzsche

In My Stand Bag:
R7 Draw 9.0 Deg Stiff Flex Driver AMF Progression 3 Wood SUMO2 3/20 Deg Hybrid & CPR 4/24 Deg...

Can you play golf or do anything golf related with the injury?

Just chip and putt at this point. Tried two full swings today. Just really hesitant to get through impact and over to the left. Quite tender. I'll try a few more swings in a few weeks or so...

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Sorry to hear about the injury, expecially since I know how it feel when you are not able to play golf due to an injury. I had a head injury my freshman year of high school in May just as the weather was finally starting to get better. I felt like I could play, but my doctor told me the most he wanted me doing was putting. It was horrible spending all day on the putting green as I watched all of my friends play. I was finally released to play though and as soon as my full swing came back I was able to outplay almost all of my friends.

Just hang in and keep working on the short game.

• 2 weeks later...

Its official. I went to my surgeon's this morning for a checkup and some Xrays. I'm 100%. I'm allowed to walk, run, bike, and most importantly, GOLF! What was initially slated as a nine month road to recovery, took me only nine weeks. I am still going to physical therapy as I don't have full range of motion or strength back, but, I'm pretty close.

I took some pictures of my Xrays this time. You can see the extent of what I've got in there. My surgeon says he'd want to take out the plate, but only in the instance where I want to due to discomfort. Haven't experienced anything like that yet, but, I don't really know what "discomfort" would feel like.

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Its official. I went to my surgeon's this morning for a checkup and some Xrays. I'm 100%. I'm allowed to walk, run, bike, and most importantly, GOLF! What was initially slated as a nine month road to recovery, took me only nine weeks. I am still going to physical therapy as I don't have full range of motion or strength back, but, I'm pretty close.

Even though your doctor says you can golf, are you still going to take it a little easy? Maybe even play like a short 9 hole course with a cart. I'm sure that will be still great for you.

I bet it killed you to see your clubs and then knowing you couldn't golf?
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

He said I can play as hard as I want. But it is still a bit tender, so yes, I will take it a little bit easy on the thing. And I will definitley be in a cart. I am scheduling my first come-back tournament for June 30th. I few Mondays away.

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

He said I can play as hard as I want. But it is still a bit tender, so yes, I will take it a little bit easy on the thing. And I will definitley be in a cart. I am scheduling my first come-back tournament for June 30th. I few Mondays away.

Great to hear! Now the biggest challenge: "Can you still keep your handicap where it was?"

or better yet: "Can you still golf?"
In My Bag

5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

I'm going to be even better.

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

I'm going to be even better.

Good luck. If I could somehow get to a scratch player I'd be satisfied, lol. I've only been playing for two years so I still have a chance.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

Good luck. If I could somehow get to a scratch player I'd be satisfied, lol. I've only been playing for two years so I still have a chance.

Your 16 right? Hell you've got a good 20 years to do it.

In My Bag

He said I can play as hard as I want. But it is still a bit tender, so yes, I will take it a little bit easy on the thing. And I will definitely be in a cart. I am scheduling my first come-back tournament for June 30th. I few Mondays away.

Too bad it's the first Monday of my summer job, otherwise I'd offer to caddy

Seriously, welcome back off the disabled list. I'm very glad to hear of your recovery!

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I could use a caddy too! Dang!

Thanks for the well wishes everyone.

You'll all be happy (or jealous) to know that I played 18 today and shot 4 over. Felt like I had very little control of my shots, was just kinda taking wild swings. But all that putting and chipping practice really paid off. It's like I didn't even skip a beat with that stuff.

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

More jealous than happy.

Did you double bogey the first hole like Tiger did? very glad to hear your starting to get ontop of your game.
In My Bag

Dude that's awesome. The injury may have turned out well for you, since that long game is coming back under control before too long.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Nice to have you back Ben :)

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

• Administrator

I'll be in Oceanside on the 30th or I'd volunteer. Aww shucks.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 5524 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!