IGNORED

My Swing (Rdd9108)

Rdd9108

I've been Playing Golf for:  6 years
My current handicap index or average score is: low to mid 80s
My typical ball flight is: was a draw but now a fade since I've been working on not dropping the trail shoulder
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: pulls

Edited by Rdd9108

• Administrator

What's a Face-On look like, and what does your neck do at the top? Which is your dominant eye?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

8 minutes ago, iacas said:

What's a Face-On look like, and what does your neck do at the top? Which is your dominant eye?

Hey Erik thanks for the reply. I'm actually tempted to make the 2 hour journey but can't as of yet. As far the questions go. 

Here's a face on I took at work. I can take a better one where you can see the whole ball/swing but it's what I have right now.

I'm actually right eye dominate so they may explain why my head does that weird move. It actually used to be worse to the point where my whole head would turn. 

• Administrator

I mean… I think your chin is too down. You're almost looking at the ball out of the top of your eyes. So, your right shoulder pushes your chin back, because there's so little room to go under it.

I think you can clean that up, though it would take some time.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

19 minutes ago, iacas said:

I mean… I think your chin is too down. You're almost looking at the ball out of the top of your eyes. So, your right shoulder pushes your chin back, because there's so little room to go under it.

I think you can clean that up, though it would take some time.

Interesting that would explain why my head moves that way. I'll give it a shot tomorrow and record myself and see how it goes. Thanks

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Rdd9108 said:

Interesting that would explain why my head moves that way. I'll give it a shot tomorrow and record myself and see how it goes. Thanks

You can just do some slowly in your house. You might still move your head as a habit, but have your wife or something put a hand under your chin and then try to turn your shoulder under her hand.

4 hours ago, iacas said:

You can just do some slowly in your house. You might still move your head as a habit, but have your wife or something put a hand under your chin and then try to turn your shoulder under her hand.

I tried just a quick test swing before I went out and man even with the chin up my head still moves. I guess when you have been doing something for 5 years changing it in 4 swings isn't feasible. 

• Administrator

Yeah. I don't think it's a lack of neck flexibility. I think you might just learn to do it.

That's not the biggest thing to work on in your swing, but it maybe one of the "low hanging fruit" variety. Comparatively easy.

1 hour ago, iacas said:

Yeah. I don't think it's a lack of neck flexibility. I think you might just learn to do it.

That's not the biggest thing to work on in your swing, but it maybe one of the "low hanging fruit" variety. Comparatively easy.

Yeah it's a bad habit. I'm more focused on feeling like I'm throwing the club at a 45 behind me with my wrist angles in a good position. I'm pretty sure I saw a video of you doing a similar drill. Slowly but surely I'll fix my early extension.

• Administrator
10 hours ago, Rdd9108 said:

Slowly but surely I'll fix my early extension.

That's pretty far down on your list.

image.jpeg

Heck, set up a bit differently and the rest might almost go away.

On 1/28/2023 at 8:15 PM, iacas said:

That's pretty far down on your list.

image.jpeg

Heck, set up a bit differently and the rest might almost go away.

Interesting I'll mess with my setup. What's crazy is this feels like my butt is almost sucked in but clearly it's not even close. I went down the rabbit hole and watched some of your instagram and it seems like maybe I'm also too much on my heels.

• Administrator
10 hours ago, Rdd9108 said:

Interesting I'll mess with my setup. What's crazy is this feels like my butt is almost sucked in but clearly it's not even close. I went down the rabbit hole and watched some of your instagram and it seems like maybe I'm also too much on my heels.

That's what the first image on the left shows.