IGNORED

Soft Ball that isn't a ProV1

Note: This thread is 5841 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I prefer the ProV1 when i've got them in my bag. But my second choice is the DT solo. And after that I go with the Noodles.

The other day i was playing and found an bridgestone E5 that was in perfect shape, I was sick of losing my prov1's so i played with it for a few holes and really liked it. I was thinking about buying a dozen and seeing how they fair.

TOP FLITE STRATA TL TOUR!!! Best ball you can buy for the price!!! They just don't make them anymore so you have to look hard :(

Titleist 913 D3 10.5*

Adams Super XTD 17*

Adams DHY 21*

TaylorMade TP MB 4-PW

Titleist SM4 54*/58*/62*

Bettinardi SS 11

Leupold GX-3i Rangefinder

Titleist ProV1 Ball

Another vote for Bridgestone e5+. I've been using those lately and really like them. When this dozen runs out, I have Bridgestone B-330S, Callaway HX Tour, and Pro V1 waiting in the wings on the shelf in my garage. I like the urethane cover balls.

Titleist's new Tour Prestige (2doz at Costco for ~$30) are supposedly the budget NXT Tour...

In my Grom:

HiBore XLS 10.5 / ProLaunch Blue
Ti Great Big Bertha Warbird 3 Wood
Killer Whale 5 WoodPinemeadow Command 3 Hy Eye 2 + 4-9 Irons 588 RTG 49 "Special", Gunmetal 56, RTG 60 White Hot #5 Tour B330-RXEpoch Tees Royal Oaks Golf Club

get the 2006 or 2007 Nike One Platinum. it's soft. it's awesome....and it's got overall good performance comparable to a prov...

You are right on, the platinum is more to my liking and at $25 - $30 a dozen for last years model is a steal. keep your eyes open and stock up. I got some for $25 at Las Vegas golf last week.

In My Bag: This week
Driver: Nike square Sumo 10.5
4-Wood: Nike square Sumo 14.5
7 wood Cleveland launcher,
5 utility 19* clevelandIrons: 4-7 Titleist 690mb 8-pw Mizuno MP 33Wedges: Gauge Design GAS II 52* and 58* Putter: Scotty Cameron TE 10 2.5TP Mills or Cameron's or Bettinardi's. let me...

Another vote for Bridgestone e5+ as far as performance then value.

I've been testing a few golf balls lately.

I would say the Top-Flite D2 feel is the best value, decent spin, good distance off the long irons, not long drives.

NXT tour is the most expensive of the budget golf balls, if it were $25 a dozen then it would make it a good deal. Best distance off the driver of the balls I'm comparing. Good spin around the greens.

E5+ has better spin than the NXT Tour (in my opinion) around the greens. Probably not as long off the driver than the NXT Tour (a couple of yards). $5 cheaper for a dozen.

If you want the softest golf ball with the least distance but the most spin, it's the Nike One Platinum. $25 a dozen would be a great deal.

Best overall ball is none other than the ProV1/x

In The Bag:

Driver: Superquad 9.5°, Fujikura RE*AX 65g Stiff
Hybrid: CLK 17°, Exsar HS2 80g Stiff
Irons: MP-60, Project X 6.0, 3i / MP-32, Project X 6.0, 4i-PWWedges: MP-T Black Ni, 51.06 / 56.13 / 60.08Putter: Studio Style Newport 2, 34" / 340gBall: e5+

X-Outs are bad news. Non-conforming for one.

You might want to check that. According to Titleist, they ARE conforming. They make three different balls, the normal Pro V, X-outs, and Practice. They claim that all three are conforming.

Some tournaments will not allow X-outs but that may be more in the interest of pro shop sales than any worry about "conformity".

R7 Superquad TP 1st edition
R7 ti 3,5,7 fairway metals
18*, 21*, 26* hybrids
#10 & #14 shortened fairway metals 29*, 35*
4 wedges of various brands 47~65* + foot wedge Danser or Zing 2 Beryllium putterPro V1

Note: This thread is 5841 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!