IGNORED

Posts deleted

LottaBalata
Note: This thread is 5759 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I understand that the moderators and administrator here are pretty stern on rules. I've had a few posts deleted. . .I'm pretty sure I used profanity in one of them. Understandable, but does depend on the site.

My last post, which was in the cargo shorts/pants thread was deleted. I used no profanity that I can remember, I was merely speaking my mind. A forum is supposed to be an "open talk" about whatever subject.

You CANNOT expect everyone to agree on a subject. Especially with the diversity among golfers.

I don't purposely try to tick people off. But I will absolutely NOT hold back when speaking my mind. What's the use of a forum, if what you say gets deleted---WITH NO REASON OR EXPLANATION why?

Oh, I used the word eliteist in referring to someone's attitude. Is there something wrong with that?

And yes, I read most of the "terms and regs" when I joined on. . .my last post that was deleted just didn't seem worthy and I'd like to know why. If there was profanity in the post, sorry. Its a part of my vocabulary.

I once got an entire topic deleted asking which I should get, a Scotty or a Sabertooth...no idea why.
What I Play:

Driver: Sasquatch SUMO² 9.5º Stiff
Hybrid: HiBore 16º (3W replacement)
Irons: Staff Ci6 3-PW StiffWedges: Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 60.04Putter: Newport Studio Style 35"Ball: Pro V1xAge: 15

A good chance it was just a internet or computer or forum error. Happens all the time.

In my Black'n'Red :

Driver: R7 TP 460cc 10.5* Reax 65 stiff shaft
3 Wood: Tour Impact 15*
Irons: Tour Impact 3-PWWedges: Vokey Oil Can Spin Milled 54.10, Golfco Baron 58* SWPutter: Tracy II 35"Balls: Prov 1Age:16

A good chance it was just a internet or computer or forum error. Happens all the time.

That may be, but I've never "accidentally" lost posts on any other site. I've been on these forum websites for years now. I will admit, an entire 4years were lost on one site, but that was HUMAN error. I just feel, in a forum situation, that people should be able to speak their mind, as long as they're not cursing at everyone, whether their views are the same as the admin/mods or not. Feels like a dictatorship, or a fraternity or something like that. Never did like the "greeks" in college. And lastly, I've looked at personal profiles of members. . .It doesn't look like we have many 12 yr. old girls here that may take offense. Grown men having posts deleted because I don't have the same views

iacas is not big on natural-style conversations with tangents and 'sub-plots' - he is very into things staying strictly "on-topic".

I have had a lot of my posts unceremoniously deleted as well with no explanation. It used to bug me, but whatever.

About your posts: if you look at that thread he states that he deleted a bunch of posts for going off-topic and rehashing things that had been discussed recently elsewhere.

What's in my bag:
Cleveland Hibore XLS Monster Driver
TourEdge Exotics 2,3,4 hybrid irons
Tommy Armour 845cs Silverbacks 5-PW
Assorted wedges, Ping Scottsdale Anser

Feels like a dictatorship, or a fraternity or something like that. Never did like the "greeks" in college.

Pretty strong thoughts your sharing which could in turn be deleted as it may be the begginning to arguements on the site which they are preventing is all.

In my Black'n'Red :

Driver: R7 TP 460cc 10.5* Reax 65 stiff shaft
3 Wood: Tour Impact 15*
Irons: Tour Impact 3-PWWedges: Vokey Oil Can Spin Milled 54.10, Golfco Baron 58* SWPutter: Tracy II 35"Balls: Prov 1Age:16

iacas is not big on natural-style conversations with tangents and 'sub-plots' - he is very into things staying strictly "on-topic".

Thanks for the explanation. At least that gives me an idea of why. Its still questionable to me, but, its not my site.

Pretty strong thoughts your sharing which could in turn be deleted as it may be the begginning to arguements on the site which they are preventing is all.

That's me being me. I really have to hold back sometimes because I really let loose with the comments. Everything I post is JMO--at least in these type of situations. Not trying to

Upset the Establishment just speaking my mind. I will do my best to try and NOT let my emotions get the best of me on certain topics. But deleting posts, no notification. . .I understand staying on topic, but you have to allow some room for individuality and personal taste, etc, etc. . .

I think most posts are deleted for being off-topic. Off topic to you and Off topic to Iacas can be two completely different things. What we think may be on topic, may not be to him.

Like people said, he likes strictly on topic. But I think on some threads he leaves some breathing room for off topic things.

I agree though. Although my posts have been deleted with Notification, its puzzling why yours aren't. I don't blame you for wanting to know why yours got deleted.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

I think most posts are deleted for being off-topic. Off topic to you and Off topic to Iacas can be two completely different things. What we think may be on topic, may not be to him.

Did you receive PM's from Iacas? I'm wondering now if there's something I'm missing in my CP

Instead of making a thread about this, why not just PM Iacas and ask him whats up?

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Did you receive PM's from Iacas? I'm wondering now if there's something I'm missing in my CP

I received Multiple from him, clearly explaining what I was doing.

In My Bag

5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

Thanks for the explanation. At least that gives me an idea of why. Its still questionable to me, but, its not my site.

Best thing to do if you have a problem is PM him and ask, it will usually answer your question, and you'll find there isn't any ill intent.

My Bag

Driver: Sumo 460 10.5º Stiff
4 & 7 Woods: T-40 Stiff
Irons: Tight Lies GT 3-PWWedges: Tom Watson SignaturePutter: Daiwa DG-245Ball: One PlatinumGone Golfin'

Instead of making a thread about this, why not just PM Iacas and ask him whats up?

At first my thought was, "I had posts deleted, with no notification of why...what good will it do to PM someone who's possibly upset with something I may have said." So, I figured I would just make my concerns public.

I received Multiple from him, clearly explaining what I was doing.

Thanks, I guess I'll just have to PM him instead of waiting on details.

Best thing to do if you have a problem is PM him and ask, it will usually answer your question, and you'll find there isn't any ill intent.

Thanks for the info guys. I'm going PM him

I had a run in with the moderator when I first joined and started posting. I felt like I was not able to speak my mind. I realized though that the way I like to speak my mind is maybe a bit to forceful and not always in good taste. I could have pushed it further but decided that it was not my Forum and I had every right to leave if I didnt like it. I decided that this site is pretty great and so are all the people here so I have learned to abide by the rules. I am glad I did it is worth it. I like how things are run on this forum now I realized that the rules end up weeding out the people that ultimately are just causing trouble.
"When I play with him, he talks to me on every green. He turns to me and says, 'You're away.' "
-Jimmy Demaret referring to Ben Hogan

In The Bag:
Driver: Cleveland HiBore XL (10.5 -conforming)3 Wood: MacGregor V-FOIL5 Wood: Mizuno MP-001Irons: Ben Hogan BH-5 (4-PW)Wedges:52 - Nike SV Tour56 - Cleve...

I had a run in with the moderator when I first joined and started posting. I felt like I was not able to speak my mind. I realized though that the way I like to speak my mind is maybe a bit to forceful and not always in good taste. I could have pushed it further but decided that it was not my Forum and I had every right to leave if I didnt like it. I decided that this site is pretty great and so are all the people here so I have learned to abide by the rules. I am glad I did it is worth it. I like how things are run on this forum now I realized that the rules end up weeding out the people that ultimately are just causing trouble.

Wisco, I have a feeling you and I are pretty similar in our thinking on this subject. I also am very fervent when I believe in something. I may, very well take offense to something someone else is saying and verbally take recourse. I'm also used to some of the forum sites I hang on really letting us go, so. . .I'll adjust the best I can

Wisco, I have a feeling you and I are pretty similar in our thinking on this subject. I also am very fervent when I believe in something. I may, very well take offense to something someone else is saying and verbally take recourse. I'm also used to some of the forum sites I hang on really letting us go, so. . .I'll adjust the best I can

Alot of people need to adapt to the forum to get along. I know I do as well.

I've been talked to numerous times about posting too much. And giving more quantity than quality. So basically alot of my posts are garbage. Although I don't see the problem because I'm not concerned about my post count. I just enjoy taking part in general conversation. I don't see why all posts have to make a huge point and be debating about something.
In My Bag

Posts and threads get deleted for various reasons. Profanity and name calling will get them yanked pretty quickly but so will going off topic. There are too many threads where people don't read what the OP is inquiring about and just post some worthless drivel that bears no semblance to the information requested. All it does is cause confusion.

Posts and threads also get deleted if they are redundant. We don't need three or four threads on cargo shorts or whether or not Scotty Cameron putters are worth it. Those threads already exist, people just need to use the SEARCH function a little bit more to find what they are looking for. If the information they are looking for is not there, then by all means, start a new thread.

As for sharing your opinion and speaking your mind, you are more than welcome to do so and that is encouraged. HOWEVER, you had better be sure to back up your opinion with some hard facts or state that "this is my opinion" as people on this forum like to debate hard and will call you out if you post wrong information.

Also be prepared that not everyone is going to agree with everything you have to say. That's life. People don't think less of you, they just hold a different opinion. We can agree to disagree. Just accept it and move on. At the end of the day, we're all just a bunch of golfers who want to try to get better. Don't give people negative reputation just because they disagree with you, either.

If you ever run into a problem or need something explained, just PM an administrator or moderator rather than posting publicly and we would be more than happy to give you the reason why something was done.

Alan Olson

Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!
Check out our Facebook page!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
Thanks for the explanation. At least that gives me an idea of why.

At first my thought was, "I had posts deleted, with no notification of why.

I really don't understand your insistence that you didn't get a "notification" or you didn't know "why."

To me, this does a pretty good job of "notifying" you "why" 19 posts were removed: http://thesandtrap.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15140#8 . I even linked to FOUR threads where general "cargo shorts" opinions were shared, most of which were barely a few weeks old. People would get a lot more answers if they'd put in the slightest bit of effort. Search for existing topics before starting a new one. Or, you know, look at what I have to say before claiming I didn't tell you (and everyone else) why something was done.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 5759 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!