IGNORED

I Push. Common causes? Common solutions?

Note: This thread is 5732 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Sounds to me like your not making a complete shoulder turn.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

• 2 weeks later...
I push shots when I lose the connection of arms and body. As Ben Hogan said in Five Lessons, "The elbows remain tightly glued to the sides." The downswing transition establishes this contact, and they stay there until the release of the follow through.

I wanted to bring this thread back up, because it is still a bit of a problem for me. It comes and goes. #1) I first look at my grip, as was suggested. That has been the culprit of adding SLICE to the problem. As long as my grip is proper, I eliminate most of my slicing problems. #2) The other fixes (keeping good alignment and ball position + focusing on a straight take-away) have helped my overall contact with the ball in general, but they haven't fixed this particular problem that crops up. I still push sometimes. I played a little the other day with a guy and he mentioned a couple of times the "towels under the armpit" drill. Now, he's a scratch golfer who's been playing for 40 years. I remember seeing that drill, but I've never taken lessons so I've never tried anything like that. I re-read this thread, and I see this being mentioned again. I'm going to go back out and focus on the arm-body connection. Its been mentioned here a couple of times, but I looked right past it. Now, through re-reading, I think I may need to put work here. So, I wanted to thank you all again for your tips, and I'm going to try this drill. Put a towel in my right-side arm pit and be sure that the towel doesn't drop throughout the swing. That will help reinforce Hogan's rule of the arm-body connection. Right?

10.5* Driver (don't really ever use it)
3w, 5w
23* hybrid
5i through PW, SW
60* Wedge.....................................................................mellojoe

take a video and let us see. A video is worth a thousand words!

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

Hard to diagnose without seeing, but sometimes pushes are caused by a slide to your left rather than a turn. To eliminate the slide, swing with feet together to promote the turn. You can't slide with your feet together or you fall down. Feet together drill cures many ills and cuts out some moving pieces that shouldn't be moving.

Just a thought...

Note: This thread is 5732 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!