IGNORED

OUCH! Sunburn

Ben
Note: This thread is 5757 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So, I decided to take the day of from golf yesterday and head to the beach. I got home from my physical therapy appointment, packed up a few things and headed through Topanga Canyon to PCH and landed at Leo Carrillo. I got my stuff and headed to my spot. Got my chair set up, my little speakers for my iPod and my food, only to notice, I forgot my sunblock. I thought to myself I can handle a little time in the sun without it. Three chapters into Bob Rotella's Putting out of Your Mind I realized that my legs were burned to a crisp. What a putz. Sleeping, or trying to find a comfortable position to sleep in, last night was quite a task. I must have woken up every half hour to try something new. Man, I'm a doofus. I couldn't even practice after work today. I just wanted to get home and let these things cool off.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Aloe vera on a sunburn feels like you're in heaven. That sucks though man, I probably would've left and gone to the local CVS/Rite-Aid/Walgreens and picked some up.
What I Play:

Driver: Sasquatch SUMO² 9.5º Stiff
Hybrid: HiBore 16º (3W replacement)
Irons: Staff Ci6 3-PW StiffWedges: Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 60.04Putter: Newport Studio Style 35"Ball: Pro V1xAge: 15

ouch! I got it bad this year when the sun first came out. I never wear sunblock. I got it so bad on my arms and face during a tournament.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

Aloe vera on a sunburn feels like you're in heaven. That sucks though man, I probably would've left and gone to the local CVS/Rite-Aid/Walgreens and picked some up.

Yeah, I've got the Aloe Vera After Sun Lotion going in full effect... Lathered it on.

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

hahahaha, wow! No, but pretty darn close. You legs look like Flammin' Hot Cheetos!

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

hahahaha, wow! No, but pretty darn close. You legs look like Flammin' Hot Cheetos!

Sailboat + Overcast Day + Nap = Sunburn so bad I was sick.

If yours is anything close that that, you have my deepest sympathy. Aloe vera - CONSTANTLY. Even after it stops hurting. Also, Aleve. Lots of Aleve.

Worse than this?

Harry thats just gross.

In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

Harry thats just gross.

Tell me about it.

By the way, has anyone ever tried the spray-on "ultra mist" sunscreens? I bought some of this: because it is very easy to apply. But I've never been in a situation to test its effectiveness where, if it didn't work, the consequences could be bad. Does anyone (with susceptible skin) have any first-hand experience?

^^ That's the stuff I use however its in the old fashion lotion form, not spray-on.

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

I've never used sun tan lotion or sun block. i wonder what it is like. haha.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

Sorry man. I keep sunblock in my golf bag, and that's perpetually in the trunk of my car, even in times when the clubs aren't. Not for reasons like this, just lack of storage space otherwise. I wish I could offer some help.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Tell me about it.

That's the only stuff I use (actually the Target brand - same thing). I've never ran into a problem where it didn't fail to cover effectively. I usually will spray a bit more on at the turn but that's about it. The coolness feels good on the neck too.

As for Ben's sunburn, I suggest a nice single-malt to dull the pain.

Alan Olson

Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!
Check out our Facebook page!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Worse than this?

You're not supposed to stick your legs in the oven.

What I Play:

Irons: Staff Ci6 3-PW StiffWedges: Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 60.04Putter: Newport Studio Style 35"Ball: Pro V1xAge: 15

You're not supposed to stick your legs in the oven.

Pfffft. Says who?

You should have seen those things peel. Gigantic strips . . . and then another whole layer below that peeled off. It freaked me out a little. Oh, and I tried out the ultra-mist spray today and it seemed to work pretty well. And definitely easier to apply.

You should have seen those things peel. Gigantic strips . . . and then another whole layer below that peeled off.

On second though, I'm not hungry anymore!

What I Play:

Note: This thread is 5757 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!