IGNORED

Looking for a good 3 wood that I can hit out of the farway.

Note: This thread is 5748 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have the same 3 wood as you, and i did have that problem for a while. What helped me was totake a small divot. I can't keep the ball down now, it goes too high.

I would suggest a little time on the range trying to hit down on the ball more.

what i found with Adams woods, they're so thin that you cant hit them from a tee if it's any higher than ground level.
In The Bag

Titleist 905T 9.5°
Nike Sumo2 15°
Nike Sumo2 19°Nike Forged Irons - 3-PW Titleist Bob Vokey Spin Milled 56°10°Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport 2

have you ever tried the ADAMS INSIGHT XTD?

I was looking at this club as well... hit it a little at a demo and it felt good, but on the course is where the true test is.

I have trouble with my 3-wood as well. Sometimes I hit it well, while other days it betrays me with huge pulls and occaisional slices. My problem is more off the tee than in the fairway though.... it could be that I need a 75gram shaft rather than the 65 I have in it. Also, another odditty is the distance consistency... it has quite a range even on what I thougth was good contact and similar swings.
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

im surprised no one has posted about the 2007 TM Burner 3w... i think this is a really easy 3w to hit because of how the face is not as wide as some 3w's making the sweet spot very easy to hit because it covers the width of the face (as in Up an Down)... i love this club!

2007 TM 3w and 5w

I first took these for practice at my local range and quickly found out that they are not even worth teeing up, drop it out of your hand right on the grass (range has grass tees) and fire away. Both are just as easy, the only difference I notice is a good 20-30 yds longer on the 3w.

Have never tee'd either up off a tee box and get wonderful results, same in fairway or light rough

Taylormade TP 2010 9.5 Fubuki stiff
07 Burner 5W stiff

Adams F11 Ti 3W Adilia NVS Stiff
Bobby Jones 21* & 25* Hybrid
AP1 4-gw
CG14  60*::X forged Vintage 56* Ping b60 putter Balls: Bridgestone B330, ProV, Goals: Shot par over 18 holes, Best shot: Par 5 18th hole, Alling Memorial New haven CT; holed my 2nd shot for an Albatross! (June 20th, 2008)

Note: This thread is 5748 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!