IGNORED

The Pro Tours Random Thoughts and Musings Thread

colin007

I was thinking this could be a thread where thoughts/observations related to any of the pro tours are posted that don't already have an existing specific thread and don't necessarily need their own thread to be made.

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Anyways, good for Chris Kirk. As someone who has struggled with alcohol myself, it was good to see this dude back on top. How about that last wedge? Sheeeeesh

• Thumbs Up 3

Colin P.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I’m ok with Kirk winning but I usually root for a rookie unless it’s against Tiger or Rory. But Cole really porked himself good when he didn’t capitalize on Kirk dunking it in the water. Only needing an up and down from across the green and not from a bunker…that’s gonna sting a while.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

@JetFan1983Β was there! It was a good tournament. Also good to see Lilia Vu win in Thailand. I’ve driven by that course one my one trip to Thailand.

On the PGA broadcast: I like Jack and all, but do we have to look at him for 10 minutes when he is commenting? A lot of golf happens in 10 minutes in a final round. I rather he comment on shots.

• Thumbs Up 2

Scott

Titleist, Edel,Β Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

25 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

@JetFan1983Β was there! It was a good tournament. Also good to see Lilia Vu win in Thailand. I’ve driven by that course one my one trip to Thailand.

On the PGA broadcast: I like Jack and all, but do we have to look at him for 10 minutes when he is commenting? A lot of golf happens in 10 minutes in a final round. I rather he comment on shots.

Yep, it was a great event despite the weak field. Plus, I felt obligated to go as this was the last Honda Classic. They're probably staying at PGA National, but they'll have a new sponsor and a rebrand next season, hopefully with a better place in the schedule so they can attract the top players again. I believe Honda is the longest running sponsor on the PGA Tour, so it's the end of an era.Β 

The crowds were lively and rowdy as usual, especially around 17. I made sure to avoid that area yesterdayΒ πŸ˜„Β but that's quite the nexus of several key locations on the course, so it was inevitable I was forced to listen to a myriad of inappropriate yelling. It's not as bad as it used to be at least.

Justin Suh has a weirdly wide driver setup:

Β 

I mostly just chilled by the 9th green as it was like 87 and sunny all day, possibly the hottest Honda Classic on record.

4.jpg5.jpg

The attendance was better than I would've thought given the field. People really love their golf here though and turned out anyway. That's a pic of the final group. Most people don't watch the 9th green, so you don't get the crazy yelling here like you do on most of the back nine.Β 

Hopefully the stars can fit this tournament into their schedules again next season. I think the last star-filled tournament was 2018? Been a while.

• Thumbs Up 3

Constantine

• Administrator
16 minutes ago, colin007 said:

Is there a rule that says a caddy can't use a push cart?

Look here:

• Informative 2

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

9 hours ago, Vinsk said:

But Cole really porked himself good when he didn’t capitalize on Kirk dunking it in the water. Only needing an up and down from across the green and not from a bunker…that’s gonna sting a while.

I get that a tour player should get up and down from nGIR, but that never looked like an easy up and down considering how close the hole was to the water and the serious pressure to not screw it up. I thought he would play super safe and leave it 15 feet short but of course he thinned it. I'm betting playoff in that situation 7/10 times.Β 

Unless it was Rahm. Then I am betting 9/10 times for him to get up and down.

Edited by GolfLug

Vishal S.

11 hours ago, GolfLug said:

I get that a tour player should get up and down from nGIR, but that never looked like an easy up and down considering how close the hole was to the water and the serious pressure to not screw it up. I thought he would play super safe and leave it 15 feet short but of course he thinned it. I'm betting playoff in that situation 7/10 times.Β 

Unless it was Rahm. Then I am betting 9/10 times for him to get up and down.

Yeah that chip was no joke, very little margin for error. Looks like the green was running away from him too right?

Colin P.

1 hour ago, colin007 said:

Looks like the green was running away from him too right?

Yeah. I am taking quite a liking for him and will be pulling for him. Compelling story for sure. Nice swing too. Very watchable.Β 

Vishal S.

3 hours ago, GolfLug said:

Yeah. I am taking quite a liking for him and will be pulling for him. Compelling story for sure. Nice swing too. Very watchable.Β 

Totally agree it was a tough shot. But sadly, golf is brutal. That was his chance. Opponent splashes and he couldn’t seal the win. Β Those times are what differentiate the players who become household names and those the announcers prematurely claim, β€˜We’ll be seeing his name on the leaderboard.’ We won’t be hearing about Cole again. Harsh, I know.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

50 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Those times are what differentiate the players who become household names and those the announcers prematurely claim, β€˜We’ll be seeing his name on the leaderboard.’ 

Lol.. if all the dumb boiler plate shit announcers have said were the only lines they could say in a tourney, they could go through the entire four rounds without repeating any of the lines even once.. and still would have bag full of left overs for the next one. Isn't that is part of pro-golf's 'charm' though? 😜.

50 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Β We won’t be hearing about Cole again. Harsh, I know.

Β Ouch. Yah, that is harsh. Ha ha.

Welp, if he shows up at the Deere Classic or something, I will put a couple of bucks on him.Β πŸ˜‡Β 

Edited by GolfLug
  • Thumbs Up 2

Vishal S.

10 hours ago, GolfLug said:

Not me, I don't like guys that look tiny on camera

• Funny 2

Colin P.

No more celebs/amateurs in the weekend for the Pebble Beach Pro Am

This is a wonderful thing

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Colin P.

On 2/28/2023 at 2:26 PM, GolfLug said:

Lol.. if all the dumb boiler plate shit announcers have said were the only lines they could say in a tourney, they could go through the entire four rounds without repeating any of the lines even once.. and still would have bag full of left overs for the next one. Isn't that is part of pro-golf's 'charm' though? 😜.

Β Ouch. Yah, that is harsh. Ha ha.

Welp, if he shows up at the Deere Classic or something, I will put a couple of bucks on him.Β πŸ˜‡Β 

Is there an unwritten rule amongst caddies that dictates that they still wear shorts in freezing cold weather and be tough guys like football players that don't wear long sleeves in the winter?

Colin P.

10 minutes ago, colin007 said:

Is there an unwritten rule amongst caddies that dictates that they still wear shorts in freezing cold weather and be tough guys like football players that don't wear long sleeves in the winter?

If I had to carry those bags, I’d wear shorts in winter. I’d sweat buckets otherwise.

Scott

Titleist, Edel,Β Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave