IGNORED

Golfballselector My Reviews

Note: This thread is 5731 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Now for the moment nobody has been waiting for. Here is my short list after all the testing was complete. I normally play the Titleist ProV1x. I do not have these in any order, but I did make a top 5 and included my normal ball. Keep in mind, that these are my opinions on balls that fit my game and swing. Not recommendations for anybody at all. But hopefully helped assist others that did not want to try every ball out there.

1. Titleist ProV1x - Love almost everything about the ball I currently use.

2. Bridgestone B330 - This one is great. As good as anything I have tried including my current ball.

3. Taylormade TP Black - Again, a ball that blew me away. Could be the best ball out there for my game.

4. Callaway HX Hot Bite - A shocker to me. Definately worth using. Great price point and one heck of a ball. Liked it even more than their Tour Series balls.

5. Titleist NXT Tour - I actually preferred this to the Pro V1. A little straighter and longer off of the tee for me. But not quite as long as my ProV1x. Definately the price point plays a factor. Good feel and spin and half the scuffs. Great commercials too.

This is a tough thing for me, but after careful consideration, I am going to switch balls and start playing the TP Black for a little bit. It just had everything that I wanted, and I like change. I liked all of these balls and recommend them to anyone that has a similar game to me. Hope this exercise did not bore anyone too much. Great fun on my end, from the site, too the store, to the range, to the course. It was tons of fun. Hope it helped in some way, if nothing more than to cure boredome. If anyone has any questions, feel free to let me know, and I will do my best to answer them.

The main site has a review saying the TP Black is pretty much the Pro V1x. And i agree. It's a very solid ball, which really suprised me the first time i used it, because Taylormade never really had a good ball out there, that i knew of, before the TP's.

Good job on the reviews and finalizing on a ball. I bet if I did that i would find a ball that actualy worked better for me than what I usually use. But I am looking at different balls now to find the one that feels best.
In The Bag

Titleist 905T 9.5°
Nike Sumo2 15°
Nike Sumo2 19°Nike Forged Irons - 3-PW Titleist Bob Vokey Spin Milled 56°10°Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport 2

I really enjoyed the golfballselector stuff. It broke down by percentage why they chose the certain balls for me. So far I have played 2 full rounds since the decision to go with TP Black and both rounds have been 71, so I am thrilled to death right now.

I really enjoyed the golfballselector stuff. It broke down by percentage why they chose the certain balls for me. So far I have played 2 full rounds since the decision to go with TP Black and both rounds have been 71, so I am thrilled to death right now.

Thanks for the reviews. Good stuff.

I'm a little jealous tho.. You managed to test all those balls and get in two full rounds with your "new" balls in the past 5 days? Sign me up for your job.
Drivers:
FT-i Draw 9* W/Grafalloy Red
Sumo2 5900 9.5* W/Grafalloy Red

Irons: A3OS 3-PW Graphite/Steel regularWedges: A3OS GW, SW, LWPutter: Rossa Monza SpiderLittle round white thing:

How many balls do they put on your list? It looks like they rate every ball ever made for you.
In the bag
driver- G5
3wood-
5wood-
irons- cpr 4-pw[B]wedges[/B]- 52,56,60 cg12putter-odyssey:

This was a great ball review, and I was wondering whether or not you are using the new TP/Black/LDP or the original TP/Black ball. Also, I was wondering what your swing speed for your driver is, as well as your irons.

Again, great review.

Driver Launcher 7.5 YSQ Xshaft
2Hybrid Rescue Hybrid 17*
Irons Tour Preferred 3-PW
Wedges Vokey 52*
Wedges Vokey SM 60*Putter Abaco 33"Ball TP/Red/LDP or Penta TP

This was a great ball review, and I was wondering whether or not you are using the new TP/Black/LDP or the original TP/Black ball. Also, I was wondering what your swing speed for your driver is, as well as your irons.

I am using the LDP series. THe website rates the ball by what year made. So it only had the LDP for me in the top 20. My playing partner got the older series listed as his number 1. My Driver swing speed is 105-110 My 6 iron swing speed is around 90 IIRC.

I enjoyed your review. Now if someone with a slow swing and high handicap would review theirs. I would like to hear about some 2 piece balls.
Bag: Ping Pioneer
Driver: Cobra Speed LD-M
3 Wood: Adams Insight XTD A3 OS
Hybrids: Adams Idea A3 OS
Irons: Adams Idea A3 OSWedges: Adams Idea A3 OSChipper: Odyssey Marxman X-Act ----------Yes I use a chipper!Putter: Odyssey Tri-BallBalls: Noodle

Just a quick update.
It has been a solid 10 rounds since changing to the Taylor Made balls.
So far so good. I really love the feel of them around the greens, and still think for my game, they suited me just slightly better than the ProV1x I was using. Been under par for the last 4 rounds. Thanks for all the kind words in regards to the reviews. Thanks guys. Hope I could help.

Note: This thread is 5731 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!