IGNORED

Seen any great new moviews...DVD new releases??

Dub
Note: This thread is 5683 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I think you just inspired me to write a book called "No Forum for Young Ladies"

HAHAHA!! Thats funny.

Back onto movies.. I really enjoyed the Movie "21" has anyone else seen it? It was kind of a smooth cool movie with no action, but was really enjoyable, the storyline was great and something different.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recently saw "The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford" .

For a movie with so many A-List stars (Brad Pitt, Casey Affleck, Sarah Louis Parker, Zooey Deschannel, Sam Rockwell, Sam Shepard) and top notch character actors (Jeremy Renner, Garret Dillahunt, Paul Schneider), I couldn't figure out why it hadn't made a bigger splash in theaters. Brad Pitt alone is usually enough to guarantee a blockbuster.

I speculated that it was just a bad movie. It was not. It was outstanding. However, it was very hard to watch. Not "The House of Sand and Fog" gutwrenching, but maddening in it's slow, deliberate portrayal of characters with no redeming qualities. And not in the surface level "fun" way that most movies mold a villian that the viewer should hate, but in an everyday way. Like the mentally ill person on the street that scares you, so you avoid him. Like the friend who doesn't have the balls to do anything to stand up for himself, like the young boy so beaten down by years of paternal abuse that he is just a shell of a human being, like the guy with so little intellect that he latches onto and tolerates the abuse of a "friend" who takes everything and give nothing.

The acting was some of the best I've seen in years, but do not rent this movie expecting an action flick . . . or a feel good movie . . . or a story of redemption. It is not. It is bare and it is brutal. And it is beautiful in its portrayal of human ugliness.

And after seeing this only a few months after seeing "Gone Baby Gone", I am convinced that Casey Affleck may be the next great young American actor. Had I not seen "Gone Baby Gone", I might have thought Affleck himself performed so well in the role because his own personality mirrored that required to play Ford. But having see him play the strong willed protagonist Patrick Kenzie in Gone Baby Gone, it was clear that he has the ability to saturate himself with the character.

"The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford" is long, slow, and it is not fun. But it is an excellent movie.

Dude, immts007, is that Javier Bardem as your avatar? That is so cool!

Inspired by this thread!

Started watching season 1 of Dexter over Netflix streaming. Good creepy fun.

What's in my bag:
Cleveland Hibore XLS Monster Driver
TourEdge Exotics 2,3,4 hybrid irons
Tommy Armour 845cs Silverbacks 5-PW
Assorted wedges, Ping Scottsdale Anser

Burn After Reading was an aweful aweful movie

Driver: 10.5* SuperQuad TP 1st Edition All Black V2 Stiff
5 Wood - 585.h 19* DG S300
Irons: 3-PW S59 Stiff
Wedges: Rac TP 52*, 60* MP-T 56*
Putter(s): Anser 3 TP Black ballGET TO SINGLE DIGITS!Goal: Beat a certain admin that lives in my town

HAHAHA!! Thats funny.

Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner!!!!

Yup, a pretty decent flick.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

• 2 weeks later...
Just saw "Iron Man".

Iron Man?

Last night they played "Cool Hand Luke" on TCM...that was very amusing! Reminded me a lot of "Oh Brother, Where Art Thou" but better (and with less Clooney head shaking).

Iron Man?

Julie, it is a

very entertaining movie. Serious.

What's in my bag:
Cleveland Hibore XLS Monster Driver
TourEdge Exotics 2,3,4 hybrid irons
Tommy Armour 845cs Silverbacks 5-PW
Assorted wedges, Ping Scottsdale Anser

Iron Man?

Have to love a woman that enjoyed Cool Hand Luke-good call Julie, great movie!

BO THE GOLFER

In my Top Flite stand bag:

Driver-Ping G400+ 10.5 degrees regular flex Hybrids-Ping I25 17 & 20 degrees stiff flex Irons-Ping I3 O-size 4 through lob wedge regular flex Putter-Nike Oz 6

Note: This thread is 5683 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!