IGNORED

Coastal Texans

Harry Longshanks
Note: This thread is 5710 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Shit. Take care, Texans.

Hoping for another blow over that causes minimal upset...

What's in my bag:
Cleveland Hibore XLS Monster Driver
TourEdge Exotics 2,3,4 hybrid irons
Tommy Armour 845cs Silverbacks 5-PW
Assorted wedges, Ping Scottsdale Anser

Shit. Take care, Texans.

Yeah, people not from the area sometimes forget that Houston (where the eye of Ike is predicted to hit) is the 4th largest city in the U.S. 650,000 more people than the #5 city (Phoenix) and with 2.2 million people, it is more populous than Boston, San Francisco, and Baltimore

combined . That's 2 million more people than New Orleans. Thankfully, Houston doesn't have the same levy problem that New Orleans has. But the potential for catastrophe is still massive. Especially since I doubt that FEMA hasn't done a damn thing to improve its emergency response ability.

Not to mention that Galveston could potentially be wiped off the map, heaven forbid. I believe the weather service's warning for the area said that those who stay behind and seek shelter in 1 or2 story homes would face "certain death." They're certainly not mincing words.

Nike Sumo 5000 V2 (9.5°) & SQ2 3W (15°) | TaylorMade Rescue Mid (19° & 22°) | Mizuno MX-23 4-PW | Callaway X-Tour (56-13°) & X-Tour MD (60-11°) | Bettinardi C-03

"I don't care how good your iron play is, if you can't drive it in the fairway you might as well break 'em up or use 'em...

I live 80 miles form the coast of Galveston. We are supposed to get hammered about 6am saturday morning. I'm gonna skim board on the golf course. Don't worry, I do it all the time. It doesn't damage the course.

Driver: G10 10.5 Stock Shaft
3 Wood: Taylormade r580XD
Irons: AP2 3-P, Project X 5.5
Wedges: Tour-W 52*, 56* SM, 60* SM
Putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5 34"Ball: ProV1 or ProV1xLow Score:74

Not to mention that Galveston could potentially be wiped off the map, heaven forbid. I believe the weather service's warning for the area said that those who stay behind and seek shelter in 1 or2 story homes would face "certain death." They're certainly not mincing words.

Well, and I'm not sure if you've ever been to Galveston, but a large number of houses are "beach houses" built on stilts to withstand high water, but not necessarily high winds.

Another little known fact: The 1900 hurricane that hit Galveston is the deadliest natural disaster in U.S. history. Worse than Katrina (estimated ~1,800 killed) or Hugo (less than 100 killed), with an estimated 6,000 - 8,000 killed.

I think she's saying "think positive thoughts".

What's in my bag:
Cleveland Hibore XLS Monster Driver
TourEdge Exotics 2,3,4 hybrid irons
Tommy Armour 845cs Silverbacks 5-PW
Assorted wedges, Ping Scottsdale Anser

Right. My thoughts and best wishes are with all affected. I have family in Austin, have worked in Houston, and have visited Galveston several times. I ardently hope for the best.

Nike Sumo 5000 V2 (9.5°) & SQ2 3W (15°) | TaylorMade Rescue Mid (19° & 22°) | Mizuno MX-23 4-PW | Callaway X-Tour (56-13°) & X-Tour MD (60-11°) | Bettinardi C-03

"I don't care how good your iron play is, if you can't drive it in the fairway you might as well break 'em up or use 'em...

Atleast i got my weekend round of golf in today, luckily i was off school so i got to play before this hurricane hits tonight.

Sumo 2 5000 Aldila Proto By-You 65-s
Tour Burner 2 hybrid
CCi 4-A
SV Tour 60*
Unitized Tiempo 35in NXT Tour & NXT Extreme Synchro Cart Bag

Is anyone watching The Weather Channel's coverage of Ike?

It's like the on-site reporters are playing a game of "who can get wettest and/or blown over first".

Literally, the winds are nearly blowing them over. Is that really necessary? Is the Weather Channel fighting for ratings? It's hilarious and pathetic at the same time.

They did the same with Hanna last weekend. Based on the coverage you'd have thought we were about to be wiped off the face of the earth. The eye came right over us on Saturday around midday and it was whole load of nothing. There was some heavy rain and a bit of a gust but had I not switched on the news I'd have just thought it was a bit blustery!

I hope it is the same for you Texans out there.

In the Matrix XTT Standbag:

Driver: Biggest Big Bertha 11*
Fairway Wood: Steelhead Plus 3 Wood
Irons: T-Zoid Titanium Insert irons 3-SWWedge: Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.04Putter: Pro Platinum Laguna 34" w/ British Open '04 headcoverBall: ProV1 Rule35 Playing again after a three year hiatus...

My fav is when the cameras and connection barely work, they're cutting in and out, and they have some poor sap reporter out there desperate to be famous and he's yelling

"We're LIVE!" Woo freaking hoo. Congrats.

Note: This thread is 5710 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!