IGNORED

Correct me if i am wrong.

beach_golfer
Note: This thread is 5681 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I agree with a lot of things in here, too many to list actually but disagree with a couple.

1. Children are lead by example. Parents need to get away from the saying, "do as I say, not as I do."
  2. A spanking never hurt anyone as long as it is within reason.
  3. Timeouts only work when used appropriately. This means sitting a child in an empty hallway with nothing to look at but the wall and taking away things that mean something to them. Sending them to a room full of toys, cellphones, video games, tv or computers does NOT work.

One of the reason you see most parents not disciplining their child in public is because of an agency called "Child/Social Services". The real issue is people deciding to make someone else's parenting their business and the authorities get called. I for one will not discipline my child in public, but will however remove them from public immediately.

My mom used to use the belt on me and I tell you what, my dad was the one that reasoned with me without using force.

This is just my opinion and is in no way going to cure the world of the parenting issues

haha my parents beat the crap out of me if I did anything wrong... I turned out great

Daniel Duarte
905R UST Proforce V2 76g 44" S
904F 15, Graphite Design YS6+
MD Hybrid, 19 Degree, UST V2 Hybrid S
Pro M Gunmetal 5-PW, Nippon 1150GH Pro SVokey Oil Can 52 - RAWVokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56, 60 - RAWTEI3 Newport II - Torch Copper- Prov1x

i teach percussion at a highschool but would sometimes go to help out at the middle school 6-8th grade, and some of the things they would say just completely dumbfounded me

I would take them into a special room where they then thought they could say what they want and act like they wanted, because i wasnt their "teacher" but i set that straight, but the one kid comes up to me and says, "do you smoke weed? im like uhhhh NO? do you? hes like only on days that end in Y" im like wow 1. that was corny, 2. 6th grader he was probably lying but i wouldnt put it past them

another time the one girl beginning of the year she was in 7th grade she was crying, so i took her into the soundproof room and talked to her to see if she was ok, and she explained to me that over the summer she had unprotected sex with a guy and she thinks shes pregnant and didnt know what to do, while shes telling me this im trying my hardest not to just drop my jaw to the ground,

and yes cellphones constantly, i took them all away from them haha, but man i didnt get a cellphone till i was in 11th grade

but me doing my part being that i was employed by the fcps i had to go tell the guidance counsler about anything questionable since i wasnt trained in the whole guidance stuff i didnt want to get in trouble after them telling me all this stuff and not do something about it

not sure what exactly happend but they never talked like that the rest of the year so im sure something happened

r7 draw driver 9.5* stiff shaft
Big bertha 06 irons, 4-sw
56*vokey spin milled 10*bounce
Victoria ;)
tp black balls cart bagJack nicklaus Golden Bear 52* and 60* wedgesWalter hagen: 3 wood 5 wood 4 hybrid stiff shaft"I don't say my golf game is bad, but if I grew tomatoes they'd come up sliced."www...

Note: This thread is 5681 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!