IGNORED

Correct me if i am wrong.

beach_golfer
Note: This thread is 5668 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Children these days are undisciplined and disrespectful. So today I went to a local elementary as a volunteer to show them some aspects of my job and the gear I carry. So after a bit I asked for questions, I swear I witnessed 2 kids put away phones and 5 more cut off iPODS to either hear or participate in the Q&A.; Now mind you these children were K-5! I understand folks here have kids in that age range and I am not grouping, but has anyone else noticed this with the new gen.?

What's in my bag?
Driver Rapture 9.0* Oban Devotion 75G.
5 wood 904F
Hybrid Rapture 21*
Irons MP-60'SWedges Vokey SM 58 oil can. 54* TOUR-W, Solus 51*Putter Squareback You have to go out, but you don't have to come back.

You can't put any of that on the kids - apparently the parents aren't parents.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

I'm glad that my kids grew up and turned out well. We were very strict with our kids and it worked. Besides all the "C'mon Dad" and "All my friends..." and the "You're so mean...", my kids grew up respecting adults and were actually well liked by all. I am proud of them. I spoiled them, but not with freedoms that could hurt their character of responsibility and respect. One is an RN and the other a lead supervisor at UPS and both doing quite well. I'm a lucky guy! My Son has become my best golfing buddy!

Tools of my game:
Burner 09' Driver 10.5 Reg flex
5-pw G10's/ plus Taylormade R7 4 iron
Burner 08' 4 Hybrid
A70S 3 Hybrid Burner 09' 3 wood "Zing" SW 56 degree Fastback Laser range finder / plus Skycaddie SG5...also a great ball retriever!!

I actually agree with all three of you. You all make a good point.

Children these days are undisciplined and disrespectful. Not all, but a lot are. And it's not just certain families - - - 2 kids in a family can be great and the other two are spoiled brats. I've seen it. My brothers kids.

. . . apparently the parents aren't parents. I think the problems started with "time-out." WTF? Get out a belt like our parents did. Surprising thing is, it was my generation that started time-out. Unbelievable to me.

I don't believe that children should have cellphones until they are at least 16. I'd add until they can pay for it themselves. I had an ex girlfriend whose daughter was so irresponsible with her cell phone (age 15) she lost it 5 times in the 2 years we dated. Mother bought her a new one every time, no questions.

Chrt - - you posted while I was typing. Congrats on your kids turning out well. I'll argue with you about that other post but I like to hear stories about kids making something of themselves.
My Equipment:
Northwestern 3-, 5-, 7- and 9-wood;
Goldwin AVDP Irons (5-10 plus PW);
U.S. Golf 60 degree wedge;
See-More Putter; Bushnell Yardage Pro 1000 Rangefinder;Golflogix GPS.

My question is why would the teacher even allow that stuff in her classroom? My wife taught kindergarten for 5 years and now teaches pre-k. Kids can't bring anything in, unless it's for show and tell, and even then, they keep it in their cubby until the time to show it.

My bag:

Bag: TaylorMade

Driver: Taylormade Super Fast 2.0 (S)

3W: Taylormade Super Fast 2.0 (S),

Hy: 3 (18*) Rescue, Irons: 4-9, PW, AW TM Burner 2.0, Wedges: Rumar 56 and 60 degree, Putter: TM Ghost Blade

Ball: TM RBZ

Shoes: FootJoy DryJoys

Well think about it. It's all the people that whined about it "scarring the kids forever" and all that bs, that made that happen. You see younger kids/teens at a restaurant with their dad or family all the time, and they can't stop texting their family, or what i even hate more, the kids at school that always have headphones in, like 12 hours a day. They walk the halls listening to music. How can you hold a conversation with someone, when they have a speaker playing music right in their ear?

Who the hell has an ipod or a cell phone from K-5?!!! Thats outragous!
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

You see younger kids/teens at a restaurant with their dad or family all the time, and they can't stop texting their family, or what i even hate more, the kids at school that always have headphones in, like 12 hours a day. They walk the halls listening to music. How can you hold a conversation with someone, when they have a speaker playing music right in their ear?

Don't get me started.

1. You met a very wide range of children age and maturity wise. There are always some bad seeds but you can't say that all these youngsters are bad kids.

2. Doesn't that mean that they were interested in what you had to say? I uses my phone to check that time. It doesn't mean I'm not paying attention. 3. I do see more young children being spoiled and I have seen small children with their own cell phone, it is somewhat ridiculous 4. You're starting sound like that old guy across the street who's always yelling at those damn kids to get off his lawn

Driver: 10.5* SuperQuad TP 1st Edition All Black V2 Stiff
5 Wood - 585.h 19* DG S300
Irons: 3-PW S59 Stiff
Wedges: Rac TP 52*, 60* MP-T 56*
Putter(s): Anser 3 TP Black ballGET TO SINGLE DIGITS!Goal: Beat a certain admin that lives in my town

I don't believe that children should have cellphones until they are at least 16. I dont care what parents concern for "safety" is. Know where your kid is and don't rely on a cellphone.

This is true. I believe that parents should put an age requirement for their children getting cell phones. There was a time before cell phones and what did kids do to get in touch with their parents, they either talked to them or called them. If a kid did not check in then they would be yelled at. There you go that's the problem now-a-days, kids aren't getting yelled at enough.

Driver:Ping Karsten-I
3-4 Wood:Ping Karsten-I
Hybrids:Alien Golf TI Matrix, Ginty Stan Thompson
5-P Irons:Alien Golf Tour Gold
Putter:Ping Karsten B60

I actually agree with all three of you. You all make a good point. . . . apparently the parents aren't parents. I think the problems started with "time-out." WTF? Get out a belt like our parents did. Surprising thing is, it was my generation that started time-out. Unbelievable to me.

Time Out? You actually believe that a time-out is bad?

So do I. That is such a lame excuse for parenting. (I can hear the free-spirit parents gasping right now...) Spare the rod and spoil the child. I don't mean corporal punishment but, give me a break. Restaurants, church, school, library, grocery stores... I was in Krogers the other day and watched a 3-year old boy screaming beccause his mommy didn't buy the cereal he wanted (sugar loaded ). The mother walked passed me and commented, "I won't get it for him and I don't care how long he fusses." Fusses? I walked over, picked the child up and placed him in her shopping cart and told her have some respect for the others in the store. The kid shut up instantly. She looked at me indigently. I turned and walked away. One of the stockers said, "Thanks Mister." Yeah, I'm getting to be the old guy that tells you to "get the hell off my lawn." And, I like it that way!
iQuestGolfer
It's not about what's in your bag; it's about what you do with the clubs in your hand. Play iQuest Golf.
SQ 460 9.5*, ProForce V2, FlexS
3W Offset SZ, MR-SL60, FlexR
SlingShot 20*, hDiamana Mitsu Rayon, FlexSMaltby Recoil Irons, 4-PW, SW FlexR RAC Wedge Black TP, 60*, 12*bounce XG...

Time Out? You actually believe that a time-out is bad?

My girlfriend and I have talked about this and we couldn't differ anymore on the subject of time outs. She believes in them and I think it's horrible and doesn't teach the child anything. Most kids these days don't show any respect for their parents because the parents are to busy trying to be their friends than their actual parents.

Kids need to know when they have done something wrong. Telling them to go to their room (where they have internet, cell phones, and video games...a whole other problem) is not going to teach them a damn thing. By the way, what ever happened to kids getting grounded and actual things they like taken away from them?
Driver:Ping Karsten-I
3-4 Wood:Ping Karsten-I
Hybrids:Alien Golf TI Matrix, Ginty Stan Thompson
5-P Irons:Alien Golf Tour Gold
Putter:Ping Karsten B60

So after a bit I asked for questions, I swear I witnessed 2 kids put away phones and 5 more cut off iPODS to either hear or participate in the Q&A.; Now mind you these children were K-5! I understand folks here have kids in that age range and I am not grouping, but has anyone else noticed this with the new gen.?

It's not just kids that do this. Have you ever been in a business meeting trying to "teach" "adults" something and have them ignore you? I have. I was running a meeting and teaching some people how to use a new system and half of them were ignoring me and the other half were responding to e-mails on their blackberries.

Including the head of the department. Goes right along with the quote below.
Parents set the example.

Once again Julie has the answer.

In my Pro-Walker stand bag:

Driver: Founders Club "The Judge" Graphite shaft (benched for bad play)
3-wood: 15* steel shaft
5 & 7-wood: Velocitized BBT Oversized Graphite Shaft Medium Flex 21* & 25*3-iron: Wilson Sam Snead Blue Ridge (benched for bad play)4-SW: Maker's Pride irons steel shaftsP...

I actually agree with all three of you. You all make a good point.

Well..well!! You agree?? Well...I agree with you on the time out philosophy. My Dad woulda warmed my hide or would have backhanded me if I back talked my Mom or him. I understood at that point what the consequences could be if I disrespected another. These days..if you even so much as raise a finger...Child protection services will be at your door. Parents ought to let the kids be a part of the system for a little while if they want to teach these sweet, loving kids...(I say in jest), just how good many of them have it at home. I'm not advocating whoopin' up on your kids...but the free ticket to become a delinquent is getting out of hand.

Tools of my game:
Burner 09' Driver 10.5 Reg flex
5-pw G10's/ plus Taylormade R7 4 iron
Burner 08' 4 Hybrid
A70S 3 Hybrid Burner 09' 3 wood "Zing" SW 56 degree Fastback Laser range finder / plus Skycaddie SG5...also a great ball retriever!!

Children these days are undisciplined and disrespectful. So today I went to a local elementary as a volunteer to show them some aspects of my job and the gear I carry. So after a bit I asked for questions, I swear I witnessed 2 kids put away phones and 5 more cut off iPODS to either hear or participate in the Q&A.; Now mind you these children were K-5! I understand folks here have kids in that age range and I am not grouping, but has anyone else noticed this with the new gen.?

Having grown up in the 50's & 60's in Salt Lake City and going to Jesuit high school I can't begin to comprehend todays kids. IMO, if the economy keeps going the way it is I think they, (and their parents) will be in for a very rude awakening.

Note: This thread is 5668 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!