IGNORED

Paula's Balls

Note: This thread is 5676 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

True, but whats to say that she didnt always play a Bridestone ball with Precept logos on it.
It would be the first time it happened. Tiger Woods used to play Pro V1s with Nike logos on them, so whats to stop Bridestone from making some of their high-end balls with Precept logos on them?

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

• Administrator
True, but whats to say that she didnt always play a Bridestone ball with Precept logos on it.

I think you've got some history wrong there - such balls would not be on the conforming list of golf balls, and Titleist certainly wouldn't allow Nike to slap a Nike logo on their golf ball.

Obviously it'd be a bit different with Bridgestone/Precept since they're one and the same company, but the ball still wouldn't be on the conforming list if it was simply re-painted with a new logo. They'd have to be submitted for testing and whole nine yards.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I think you've got some history wrong there - such balls would not be on the conforming list of golf balls, and Titleist certainly wouldn't allow Nike to slap a Nike logo on their golf ball.

How would that be any different than using Miura irons with Nike logos on them?

From what I understood, when Tiger first switched to Nike he was plaing Pro V1s with Nike logos on them. Maybe he didnt, but thats what Ive always been told.

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Welcome to the economy.

In nearly everything these days, we're seeing a cycle of consolidation, and it's not over yet (see: Chrysler, GM talking about merging). Maybe we'll see a cycle of expansion in a few years, when a bunch of new, smaller companies fire up and start producing balls and clubs. Right now, however, corporate money is tight, and it shrinks R&D; departments, ad departments, marketing departments, everything. My company is not immune.

Anywhere money can be cut, it will be cut, so the Precept brand may very well be in jeopardy.

Jess

Pretty sure only balls and drivers have to conform as far as submission. Clubs that have add ons like sandpaper do not conform and are not submitted. So thats why rebadged irons are ok.

I see. I think its pretty BS that you can take another company's clubs, recast/reforge them with your logos on them and then give them to the players whom you sponsor. It kinda seems like false advertising to me. Oh well, whatever....

Note: This thread is 5676 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!